My new 2013 2520XL in production NOW

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul598

Reaction score
We moved to Rock hall, MD last year and my wife told me she wants a bay boat. A good bay boat. God I love this woman! My friend's 27 Maycraft PH was our only real reference point having gone out on several outings with them so I set out searching for a used Maycraft or Parker. I quickly eliminated the Maycraft option once I saw several used Parker 2520's and was able to compare fit and finish, test rides, etc. I also quickly realized that the newer used Parkers in very good to excellent condition were commanding big bucks, with little or no warrantys, needing electronics updating, not knowing the "true" motor condition, not having all the features I wanted, etc (yeah I know a Yammy computer memory dump and a hull survey will tell you a few things, but...). So as a sanity check we checked in with a MD Parker dealer to see what a new 2520 XL would cost. We were convinced (those dealers sure are sumptin') that a brand new very well equipped and somewhat discounted 2520XL would be a way better value in the long run. So, we got this 2013 2520 XL w/ a Yam 300 xca motor being built right now in Beaufort, NC and the coolest thing is that I get to go down there on the 16th to visit the factory. Life doesn't get any better than this, except to actually be on the water with this baby. I'll have to wait till early Aug to do that :( . So anyway, I want to hear about any Parker rendezvous scheduled on the Chesapeake later this year or just general Parker GSTK stuff from other Parker owners. Thanks. You can hate me now! :lol:

paul598":1a5n8k7z said:
So anyway, I want to hear about any Parker rendezvous scheduled on the Chesapeake later this year or just general Parker GSTK stuff from other Parker owners. Thanks. You can hate me now! :lol:

Here you go brother!

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12106

You will love the 2520. I just got a 2013 2520xld with the 300hp and it handles the bay well. In idle going with the tide it goes 5mph and have to drag a shoot behind to slow me down to troll. I am in Riva, Md and fish around Thomas Point and monitor chanel 68. Have not named boat yet but will let you know when I do.Would also like to see if there is any get together happing the summer or fall.

Our regional rendezvous is normally held the second Saturday in August, though I have not posted an announcement yet for this years event.
Pencil in the date!

Congratulations on your decision. I also have a new Parker currently in production. A 2120 Sport Cabin.

I am really excited, just received info that my boat will be shipped June 3rd.

Glenn - keep an eye out for me on the S. River. I have a 2520MV docked at Liberty. Name of the boat is "Jack Attack."
Kevin, looking forward to the Parker raft up!

glenn":1pogmg21 said:
You will love the 2520. I just got a 2013 2520xld with the 300hp and it handles the bay well. In idle going with the tide it goes 5mph and have to drag a shoot behind to slow me down to troll. I am in Riva, Md and fish around Thomas Point and monitor chanel 68. Have not named boat yet but will let you know when I do.Would also like to see if there is any get together happing the summer or fall.
I have named the boat Kathy K

Congratulations on your choice of women and boats! You're a truly fortunate fella. Please post pictures of the build, boat and factory when/if you have them, and a belated welcome to the Parker forums.

Back