My new (to me) Parker!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll post some pics of the ladder clips when I get home from work. I probably would not have mounted the ladder, but it was already done by the dealer.
The main thing about the ladder holder is that the ladder rocks back and forth. I could see this damaging the gelcoat over time.

The boat is a very low hour demo.

My tow vehicle is a Ford F-250 diesel pickup.

The boat is a 2520 XL with an Yammie 250 4 stroke. 2007 vintage :p

Ohh Man we have to wait all day now!!!HaHaHa only kidding i cant wait to see some more pics. boat looks awesome!!! Hey truck is nice too!!! I have F-150 Ext-cab!!!

TunaJoe":344lu3wn said:
Randy: Thanks for the offer on the electronics. Is your Furuno smaller than the RM?

I think the Furuno is a bit smaller than the RM. Mine was pretty tight to put in but the RM might fit depending how much bigger it is. Randy.

Boat looks sweet.

Always great to have another Parker in our local fleet. Where are you in So Cal?

Feel free to contact me to look at rigging etc.

Jeff

Sweet! From the pictures, it appears a Parker will even make a Ford look good! lol!!

Seriously though, that is one cherry Parker!

Only one problem, it looks a little dry!

The WSB and Y-tails are calling, Ben Watson to Church rock...

Ok, sorry for the delay in posting these pics of the dive ladder. I've been working alot so I can pay for my boat!
I don't particularly like the clips and where they are mounted, but I don't want to remove them and patch the holes.

Attachments

• IMG_0441.JPG
    IMG_0441.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_0442.JPG
    IMG_0442.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_0444.JPG
    IMG_0444.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_0445.JPG
    IMG_0445.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 234
I love those swim ladders 8), but I often wonder how many have been lost when the owner forgot to stow it before powering up and motoring away. :shock:

Also, how solidly is that ladder retained by the clips? Would a 'safety' of some sort be a good idea to keep it from popping loose while underway, or is it held tighter in the brackets than it looks?

Kevin

The ladder is held in place fairly secure with the clips. However, it rocks back and forth as it's not held totally flat against the transom.
I could see this damaging the gel coat over time. And, it's only a matter of time before one of my buddys breaks off one of those clips.
The dealer said he has never seen one break. Time will tell.
The ladder also came with a cap that appears to secure the ladder in the receptacle when in use.

TunaJoe, thanks for posting the requested pics. I now see that due to my lack of a swim platform, that this style ladder may not work on my boat. I will have to look into whether or not such a dive ladder can be attached directly to an 1801 transom. Thanks again for the great pics.

Jim

Back