My new (to me) Parker!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TunaJoe

Reaction score
Well, it arrived today!
I can't say enough about the transport company, PD Shipping. Great price, fully insured, pulled all permits required, and great all around service. (www.pdshipping.net)
The boat was picked up on Friday morning in South East Florida and delivered to my driveway in So. Cal. on Sunday at 11:00 am :shock: . That's some serious driving!
Paul called me twice a day to keep me abreast of his progress.
I can't wait to use the boat!

Ok,
trying to upload an image so I can some pics of the new boat.....

Attachments

• IMG_0437_1.JPG
    IMG_0437_1.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 1,423
Dave,
Thanks!
there are 14 rocket launchers and it is a West coast bowrail.

WOW it is beatiful boat hope all is well with it!!!Have to get some pictures of the cabin and all would love to see inside that baby!!!Good Luck!!

TunaJoe,
Nice boat! I left you message on your other post but didn't realize your in So Cal. You can always check my boat out in person before you do your electronics install. The guy that did mine in SD did a top-notch install on everything. Randy.

just out of curiosity what were you charged for shipping? am thinking of doing a similar transport -- am also located in southern california.

Joe, I can't stop looking at the pics, it's perfection. I don't understand it, I've been on many of them at shows and dealers. It must be the lighting or something. They're just pieces of art in my eyes. Congratulations.
Just wondering, with that motor hanging that far behind the wheels, what's the tongue weight on the trailer?

Jim

Thanks everyone!

Randy: Thanks for the offer on the electronics. Is your Furuno smaller than the RM?

Fishlikagirl: Shipping was suprisingly low. I had budgeted about 4-5K. On USHIP.com I was getting bids for as low as $2500! However, from some shaky people! The guys name I went with is Paul Fundersol. Totally insured, gave his DOT and MC numbers and he encouraged you to check him out on the DOT website. Plus he had great feedback. I paid $3300. We agreed initially on 3000, but I offered to give him an extra $300 if he would haul my boat before some guy's in Washington. :twisted: Very clean cut young guy. I'd use him again in a heartbeat.

JerseyJim: Not sure what the tongue weight is. How do you measure that?
Now that I look at it, it does kinda hang off the back... :shock:

very nice looking boat i like the rod holders on the transome could you give us a better picture of them rod holders???thanks

Thats my Armstrong dive ladder held in place with the supplied clips.
It does kinda look like rod holders now that you mention it....

Joe, could you provide some close-ups of the dive ladder, installed and off? I am in need of installing a dive ladder on my "new to me" 1801 and would be intersested in seeing different ladder setups.
The reason I asked about the tongue weight is since it hangs that far back behind the tires, I expected the weight to be less on the tongue.
Jim

Heck, I thought the ladder was rod holders too! In the picture it appears your trailer is hooked up to a Ford Ranger (or similar sized Pickup). Do you tow with that? Do you know the total weight of the boat and trailer?
I'd like a 2320, but I don't think I can tow her with my Jeep Cherokee rated for 5000 lbs towing. (Buying a new boat is one thing, buying a new truck to tow it with is another!)

Latest posts

Back