My operating statistics - 2007

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.A. Veil

Reaction score
With the onset of cooler weather, and other family commitments over the next month, I went ahead and pulled my boat for the winter on Thanksgiving morning. Over the weekend, I went through my logbook and calculated my usage statistics.

The boat is a 2001 23 SE without a T-top. The engine is a 2001 200-hp HPDI. The fuel capacity is 110 gal -- I fill it up and run until I am at about 1/3 tank left, the fill it all the way again.

33 trips -- all in Chesapeake Bay and tributaries
915 miles
300 gals gasoline (includes an estimate of what would be needed to top off now)
78 engine hours
5 gal Yamalube
most of a quart bottle of Ring Free
average fuel economy over all types of running - 3.05 mpg (better than 2006, which was 2.75 mpg)

Attachments

• Resize of IMGP1380.JPG
    Resize of IMGP1380.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 99
Hard to beat >3 mpg over the whole season John. 8)

I'll be making the trek to Deale within the next 2 weeks so I'll consult my log book afterward to see how I fared.

Time to break out the kayak! :wink:

Here are my stats for the short NE season (5/15-10/15). Boat is a 21' DVCC, engine is a 1999 Yamaha 200HP EFI. Total distance is off the GPS odometer, which skews the MPG calculation, as it counts the distance I was drifting while fishing.

Code:
Trips on HK:       88
Engine Hours:     212 hours
Time OTW:         281 hours
Total Miles:      2,411 miles
Total Gas:          970 gallons
Total Yamalube: ~10 gallons
MPG:                2.49 mpg

It was a good season for me overall, fishing was better on average, but the weather screwed up our 'prime' weeks for big stripers on the fly. Also ended up losing the two bluefin tuna I hooked and fought on spinning gear, so that was a downer after all the gas money I spent chasing them.

Boat and engine ran great. I continue to be impressed with the boat's performance in moderate seas, I got caught in some weather one October afternoon while heading back to the inlet which put me into conditions I usually avoid, but the boat just ate it up. DV hull, trim tabs, Carolina flare and the tall center console are a great combo.

-- Tom

Back