Navman 2100 fuel computer replacement?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megabyte

Reaction score
Had the boat out the other day and noticed that my Navman 2100 fuel computer was indicating a 1.2 gph flow at cruise.
A little disconcerting especially when it is typically 12 to 13 gph @ 4000 rpm. :?

I'm pretty sure my OX66 didn't suddenly get super efficient, so my fear is that the fuel flow transducer is just about shot.
Since the Navman 2100 is no longer produced, I'm in search of recommendations. What do you have, and how do you like it?

Ideally, I'd like something that would fit into the hole I already have at my helm.
Recommendations?

The Navman 2100 is the third gage down on the left side of my helm.

Attachments

• Image-0B0288F859B911DC.jpg
    Image-0B0288F859B911DC.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 49
Unfortunately your options are fairly limited. At the price point of the old Navman, you could look at a Lowrance LMF200. Otherwise you have flowscan or Yamaha gauges which would be a larger cutout. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is not so much the cost as it is simplicity.
The Navman 2100 was easy, simple, and suited my needs.
I need to research the LMF200.

Megabyte":gjzlmfcv said:
It is not so much the cost as it is simplicity.
The Navman 2100 was easy, simple, and suited my needs.
I need to research the LMF200.
I installed one back in 2008. I recall cutting a 2-inch hole in my console. You're not kidding it was simplistic. Am sorry to hear they are no longer produced. You may just need to perform a calibration on it. I recall it having that feature. Maybe a spike or surge caused it to lose it's cal. If it's reading is useless at the moment, you have nothing to lose by performing a calibration, even if just to familiarize yourself with the procedure. Then again later under known consumption. A 5-gallon jug through a hose should be accurate enough. It's not the rate of consumption, but rather the "totalizing" of the known amount you pass through it that matters, as long as it's internal time base is still accurate. I would still try to get it to flow through the transducer at the "expected' rate that 5 gallons would normally be used. I also recall the transducer being a "paddle-wheel" type. I would first remove it and flush it out til it spins freely. They also recommend the fuel line at the transducer being mounted vertically, so that air bubbles don't get trapped in it. If this is not the case in your installation, it may only have some bubbles trapped in the transducer, causing it to be air-bound, super easy fix. Do you still have the manual?

I have a Lowrance EP60 (I think) fuel flow sensor connected to my NMEA 2000 compatible display (can also connect to the LMF200). It works well for me. Anyway, when I first bought the boat it was not working properly. The original installation had it installed before the fuel filter/water separator. It was supposed to be after but what happen was a some trash got stuck in it (which can also happen after filter but not as likely). Anyway, I contacted Lowrance and they recommended using canned air or air compressor at lower pressure and blow through the sensor until I hear the wheel spinning. I did that, reinstalled after the fuel filter, and it's been working great ever since. So, I would do as Jersey Jim mentioned and just first try blowing it out. That is probably the easiest fix and also likely the problem (atleast it was for me).

Good luck,

Stand by for a report in the Projects area.

I determined that the Navman was borked, so I bought a Lowrance LMF200 Gauge w/10' Cable & T-Connector from BOE Marine.
The fuel transducer has been installed, the cable run forward, and the gage installed in the helm.
I still need to wire everything, test, and calibrate it.

Weather here (and life) has not been cooperating, but I hope to be done by the weekend. <fingers crossed>

Back