NC Wildlife Patrol Parkers

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1995 17 ft Parker ex. NC Wildlife boat. All of the Parker boats that the NC Wildlife uses have a heavy box-like brace around the splashwell that adds strength to the transom which allows them to over power them. My 1995 17 ft Parker has a Johnson 150 and my 2003 18ft T-Top Parker has a Mercury 200 . Both boats handle the motors well without any transom damage . Is this feature just for commercial customers and is there any other modifications on these two models other than the transom brace?

Thanks for the info. The rating plates are not in either boat ,although with the changes made to the transom the HP requirements may have been changed and be within specs. The modifications are definitely factory; I may ask Parker about that. However both boats handle superbly as equipped.

I emailed Parker and ask them if the N.C. Wildlife boats were manufactured differently than the same models sold by dealers and this was their reply from Parker Technical." We install extra material in the transom and the layup of the boat is enhanced with extra fiberglass to accommodate the higher horsepower . The splashwell at the transom was installed per specs requested by the state(NC)but also provides extra stiffness to the transom. these boats were built as Commercial boats so therefore the capacity label is not required and the recreational capacity would not reflect the specs built into the commercial models ."
So this answers a lot of questions concerning the lack of labels and larger engines than the same models sold by dealers for recreational use.
I have the 18 ft Parker with the 200 HP motor with the T-Top for sale now on Facebook Marketplace and of Craigslist so if you want to see them ,go to these sites and see the splashwell option and what a fine looking boat it is . I'm going to keep the 17 ft. Parker for my use.

These are some pics of a 21CC for NC Wildlife that I took a few years ago at the Beaufort docks. I have the same hull and max is 225. I couldn’t see any difference in the notch area but I’ll take their word on it.

Attachments

• 5DA65AD7-293F-491E-BA30-8A56860C2AC3.jpeg
    5DA65AD7-293F-491E-BA30-8A56860C2AC3.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 327
  • 5B3CBF30-4EA6-4079-AB6E-A949DB36CB4A.jpeg
    5B3CBF30-4EA6-4079-AB6E-A949DB36CB4A.jpeg
    100.1 KB · Views: 321
  • EE609DD9-EC94-49A3-ACC7-9FBCB2AAB1F2.jpeg
    EE609DD9-EC94-49A3-ACC7-9FBCB2AAB1F2.jpeg
    86.8 KB · Views: 320
Boat also has storage behind anchor storage bin that is used for life jackets .etc. behind a door. Also there are "s" tiedowns along with two guides and rivet snaps on each side that was probably used for a cover of some kind.DSCF3110.JPGDSCF3124.JPGDSCF3124.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF3139.JPG
    DSCF3139.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 30
  • DSCF3134.JPG
    DSCF3134.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 28
This Parker is a 1995 and the motor is a 2000 model ;Parker only made about 250 of these and must have had several models because I have seen other interior layouts that differ from this one. I live on Currituck Sound which is shallow and has a wind tide but can get rough quickly .This boat has a 20 inch transom so I can get up fast and run in places where a 25 inch could not and is seaworthy enough to handle anything that might come up weatherwise . I have some mods to do such as another battery (it had two but one was removed before I got it) but I am really pleased with it and the changes that was added by Parker for use commercially .

There is a transducer glassed in next to the bilge pump that is disconnected from a 3" unit in the dash but I cannot make out the brand . I would like to replace it but have not found one that size.View attachment 31758
I have to disagree with only one of your comments; when you said you were NOT good at posting pictures... I think they are fantastic...

Last edited:
This Parker is a 1995 and the motor is a 2000 model ;Parker only made about 250 of these and must have had several models because I have seen other interior layouts that differ from this one. I live on Currituck Sound which is shallow and has a wind tide but can get rough quickly .This boat has a 20 inch transom so I can get up fast and run in places where a 25 inch could not and is seaworthy enough to handle anything that might come up weatherwise . I have some mods to do such as another battery (it had two but one was removed before I got it) but I am really pleased with it and the changes that was added by Parker for use commercially .
Hi scoggin0728... (side note; geezz some of the CP folks have complicated names!)...
You have a great Parker there! We have been through the Currituck numerous times, mostly following the ICW between NC and VA. .... you are soooo very correct about the lack of water depth. We've been very careful to stay in the channels, when we could.... the lack of depth is made up for, with how beautiful the area is!

Last edited:
Hi Andy---Thanks for the reply. You are correct about staying in the channel ; I have a friend that works for Sea Tow and he has several places that he calls his "honey holes" where the channel is very narrow and if you get off just a little you're stuck and he is called for a quick payday ! Yes ,the area is beautiful but the rule is be careful and keep your eyes open! Yes I love my little Parker ; it is just perfect for this type of water.

Thanks for info . I'm sending a couple of pictures of the unit ; it's only about 25 years old .I would like to have it working ,I see that lowrance does have three in-dash units ,one is for depth reading ,I dont know about the alarm feature . Do you know of a similar unit about the size of this one that has the same features?

Attachments

• DSCF3145.JPG
    DSCF3145.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 15
  • DSCF3146.JPG
    DSCF3146.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 13
Back