Need a bit of help with new S1000 Autopilot

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TunaJoe

Reaction score
Never fails. Research the heck out of something, buy it, then hit a snag installing.

Bought the RM S1000 AP, primarily based on reviews here on CP.

After installing the new fittings, I realized that the hoses are too long, and that I need a 90 degree fitting so I don't kink them. No way they are going to fit with just the fittings that came in the box.

Ran over to the local ACE hardware store and pieced together a hokey looking bunch of fittings.
Does anyone think using these pieces will be a problem? Other than too many joints?

My other option is to have a new, shorter piece of hose made up with a 90 degree piece integrated onto the hose.

How did others with a 2520 manage these problems?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1343.JPG
    IMG_1343.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_1344.JPG
    IMG_1344.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_1346.JPG
    IMG_1346.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 199
Found this in the archives.

http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB2/vie ... php?t=3557

simrad_ap_16_resize_928.jpg

Bryan, thanks a bunch!

That helped!

Maybe my small local hardware store just didnt have the correct fittings.

I'm going to call SeaStar tomorrow about some custom lines too. Even if I had the correct fittings, the lines are too long.

Anyone with a 2520 that has installed the RM S1000?

OK, after studying those pics, I could get a street 90 with pipe threads and run everything off the side like seen in the pics.....

RN

I bought the S1000. Designed for boats up to 25 feet.

Yours might be a bit too big for this particular AP.
Mine did come with a remote. That seems to be the only way to control the AP.

TunaJoe":1ynpbc1v said:
RN

Not at all- make sure you connect it to your raymarine unit. I connected it via NMEA cables, and I control the autopilot through my c80. I use it to go to way points which makes everything really easy. If you have questions on connecting it, call their support number, they will get you connected quickly.

I wish I could get you a picture of mine. I mounted it with their connectors, the hoses are bent and there is no kinks. I have it mounted against the starboard lower section of the wall in that helm- looks just like yours. Unless my helm is deeper, it should work, I have had it for a few years.

Brian S":3mvumtoy said:
TunaJoe":3mvumtoy said:
RN

Not at all- make sure you connect it to your raymarine unit. I connected it via NMEA cables, and I control the autopilot through my c80. I use it to go to way points which makes everything really easy.

I was going to connect via seatalk. Was there a reason you connected to nmea vs seatalk?

Thanks

Gotcha.

Did a Home Depot run last night, picked up a few pieces and looks like I got it figured out,

Thanks for all your help

Hey TunaJoe,
Just saw this thread. Yeah, that was my boat that was referenced. For info, the AP still works like a charm, no problems whatsoever. Randy.

Thanks Randy!
The pictures were a big help. I basically used your mounting design and adapted it to the S1000

FYI, I developed a small leak, so I'm redoing the fittings in Loctite 542

Cool, glad it helped. Just put a couple of Scotty downriggers on and used them Saturday. Should have put them on sooner.

Back