Need advise from any of you guys who

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tara11

Reaction score
Friends of bill !
I have a big problem and need some guidence !
The events transpired as follows: On the evening of June 17, 2007, Fathers day, My wife and son took me to Promise Treatment Center when I told the staff at Promises Residential Treatment Center that I was in bad shape, they committed to help me. They did not. Instead, after signing multiple documents, they charged my credit cards, sent me to the doctor, was told then that my medication will be on the way, who then left me on my own from approximately 7:00 PM to 9:15 PM, knowing full well that I had begun to detox without medication and that I was requesting immediate medical assistance. My wife informed that I had not eaten food for quite some time, and I informed that I was very weak and hungry. They assured my wife that they would fix me food and told her and my son to go home. This happened at approximately 6:30 PM. They did NOT fix me food. Instead, they left me on my own to help myself. I tried to find food, but the refrigerator was empty.
Please take note, if I could have helped myself, I would never have checked myself into Promises Residential Treatment Center.
At that point, I was hungry, tired, rapidly detoxing, and desperate for help. I decided to walk the five miles home. At approximately 10:15 PM, a staff member called my home to inform my wife that I had left the facility. My wife informed the staff member that the Center had NOT provided the services as promised and that I would NOT be returning to that Treatment Center. The staff member told her that there must have “been some miscommunication” because the medication should have been given and was not. The staff member then apologized that no one had “remembered” to fix me something to eat. The staff member asked my wife to please send me back. I refused to go. I was devastated, very sick, and extremely disappointed. I continue to work on my recovery on my own. I checked into Kaiser CDRP and have been sober since June 19th, Promises refuses to give me back any of my $37,000 and I need advise on what to do as we maxed out our CC to get me sober as they had such a high reputation, I go to meetings twice a day and need advise on how to fight thhis the CC co are not helping much, any guidence would be helpful !
Craig

Sounds to me like you need a good Lawyer, and what ever documentation of the incident you have. Hang on to those CC bills. 37K sounds pretty high for a several hour stay. Did you ask for a refund? That might be step # 1. I would think a refund would be coming if you were charged for a program you didn't complete. If this is a reputable organization you shouldn'd have much of a problem. You didn't mention Medical insurance, therefore I assume you don't have any?

Craig,

I have been sober now four four years tomorrow. Although I did not go to a treatment center, I did join a group and have surrounded myself with friends in the program. These will be friends for life. The one thing that you must do as hard as it may seem is take everything in stride. Go see an attorney that might help you with your predicament, but DO not get overly frusterated about it. The most important thing is that you are getting sober PERIOD. That in itself is priceless. The fact that you have family supporting you is wonderful. If you do not have a Sponsor....get one. These are the people that help with times like this.

Stay sober and your life will begin to get a bit brighter.

C.

Thanks, I got an attorney, my mom is a laywer, she is taking control so i do not have to worry about it, I have 45 days today, and my boat project is finished for now, we also made a custom box, mounted on the hardtop to hold the generator, fits and looks perfect, we are heading out for 8 days tommrow, going to catlina, will fish hard everyday and they have meetings at avalon, you are probally not familer with this neck of the woods, but it is an Island about 32 miles from my slip in Marina Del Rey, you know I was born in Gainsville Georgia and all my relatives are still there, a few in Savanna !
I will post more pics of my sawzall boat project when it is 100% finished, and i do have a sponser and I know for sure I will go to bed sober tonight !
Craig

Glad to hear that things seem a bit easier. Stick with it and be conscious of those around you who are supporting you through this time. It is difficult for them too!

I am originally from Philadelphia. We kept our boats, mostly Bertrams, in Cape May NJ. Fished the Canyons of the North and all the way down to the lower Bahamas for tournaments. When I moved to Charleston I bought my first boat in 1990. It was a little BW 13' Super Sport. I put friggin miniature outriggers on it and fished the inlets and just offshore. Then i went to a Hydra Sport, Robalo, Contender 27. I fished the Contender out of Savannah once I moved here in 1997. I enjoyed it immensley, but i wanted something with a cabin. I bought a 2320 SC in 2005 and recently last summer moved up to a 2520XLD. Love the boat and have it rigged to the teeth. Still trying to create something for the cockpit like a coffin box, but just can't figure it out. Need storage, seating and fishing station. Any ideas??

Keep in touch.

C

Attachments

• 101_0115_404.jpg
    101_0115_404.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 1,635
Good for you. The most important thing for you right now is to stay sober. let the lawyer deal with the money and you focus on learning how to live again. This is the hardest thing you've ever done but the payoffs down the road are tremendous.
The other stuff will take care of itself one way or another.
PM me if I can help or you just need an ear......and use your sponsor.
Steve
XII on my chip

Check out what I did to our 2006, 2520, the pics are in the projects section, we are using it for the first time since we finished a few days ago, also made a nice box ( or so I think to hold the 2000 honda generator on the roof, I will let everybody know how it held up and how useful it was with the new set up !
Craig

Still sober is great news. One day at a time life builds up to be good then fun too. Jump on the steps & get a plan for living. Ain't had a BUI for many a moon now and I remember where my boat is all the time.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Pete

I have lived thru this situation with very close family members and all I can add is that you need to get a sponsor!!!!!!!
Living with a disease, which it is, has its trials and tribulations.
One day at a time and remember that once you have a sponsor that person will insure that meetings are attended. Meetings are very important and need be made.
Just my $0.02 worth

Good Luck
Tom

Back