Need advise on high hours Yamy

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canuck

Reaction score
Been monitoring this boat since Oct 09 when a fellow member posted it on the the for sale & wanted index

http://www.bloodydecks.com/classifieds/ ... 4291/cat/4

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-Par ... 2c52dd9574

This is now on the Ebay site & spoke with Jason from Jstar motors in early Dec.when his reserve price was @ mid 60's & now its @ high 50's
Back in Dec. I offered a price in the the 50 mark & just recently reentered the that same price he countered @ 55K. Is this a fair price??

My main concern is the high hrs on the twin 150 yamys @ 900 each
I've never owned a 4 stroke reaching that high use especially being only 3-4 years old
How many hours are 4strokes rated for? with the proper maintenance

Should this B a concern??..........or is it just the steering wheel LOL

900hrs is not much for a 4 stroke. If you assume 225hrs a year then thats all the boat was used. If you get the computer breakout for it for the rpms im sure youll find that most of the time was at idle or trolling speed. But if you get it back and 800 out of 900 hours were at or above 5000 RPM then maybe its not in that good of shape.

If you are serious about the boat go look at it. If you could have stolen the boat for whatever low price that you asked then sure no big deal. But since he is selling the boat for what he thinks is a fair number then make sure nothing is wrong with it and that you wont have to spend a ton of money fixing it up and doing maintenance. And if there are issues make it known that he is going to cover it. 55k for that boat is not a bad deal if that is what you are looking for. Not many 2530s out there to begin with.

We have a good service customer here with an 05 2520, twin 150 Yam 4 strokes, both nearing 3500 hours. Nothing but routine, scheduled maintanence, with the only exception being a weepy oil pump to driveshaft seal on one motor at around 2700 hours.

Properly maintaned, those 900 hour motors aren't even 1/5 used up yet.

We also maintain a fleet of boats for the local water agency, and have at least 3 Yammy 115 4 strokes showing in excess of 5000 hours with no major failures.

I feel for the seller, but that's too much $$ for this market ...

DaleH":gma7a4jj said:
I feel for the seller, but that's too much $$ for this market ...

Thanks for your honest opinion But also feel for the potential buyer. He or she is also living this stagnant economy

I can only pray that our quality of living gets better :D

samj":33jo68ps said:
Better pray now! Won't be long and Obammie gonna strip that right from you as well.

That's pretty political SAMJ but I'm a Canadian I know my government don't follow suit..........it's GLOBAL!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck on the purchase, I'll pray to if that might help! We have twin 2005 f-150's on the back of 2520 dv P/H. Good motors. Just like a used car, the more you know about its history, the easier your decision making.

samj":1982j28y said:
Good luck on the purchase, I'll pray to if that might help! We have twin 2005 f-150's on the back of 2520 dv P/H. Good motors. Just like a used car, the more you know about its history, the easier your decision making.

TRUE THAT............Peace

Latest posts

Back