Never. Ever loan out your Parker!!!!!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptZig

Reaction score
So I I loan out my Parker 2510MV to my brother-in-law for the evening. What can go wrong, he just wants to spend the night out on it, no biggy....Well it just so happens that a boat of 2 women that have no idea how to operate a boat slam into my motor leaving the ramp. Lots of witnesses, police officers included. Clearly there fault. Cause at least several thousand dollars damage. Guess what they have no insurance...Thank goodness I have full coverage. But it gets even better. Before this all happened my bro-in-law fills my waste water tank full of fuel along with who knows how many gallons in the bilge. I have spent the last 4 hours cleaning out the hull and it still reaks of fuel.....I know next time......

Dang! Sounds like you got a one-two punch! :shock:

Of course, the wreck at the ramp (as bad as it was) might have saved your BIL from an even worse fate if a spark had ignited that fuel in the bilge had he been able to get out.

I hope your insurance covers you and you get back on the water soon!

My question is, why are you cleaning it out? The brother inlaw should be doing that while you sit in the shade at a safe distance and sip lemonade or some other cold beverage.

Stank Bait":97oi8ddy said:
My question is, why are you cleaning it out? The brother inlaw should be doing that while you sit in the shade at a safe distance and sip lemonade or some other cold beverage.

Because if you want something done right you do it yourself (my guess!)!

Sounds like my brother in law. We must be related! Thankfully, no one was hurt and at least he knows there will never be a next time. Sorry for your troubles.

I agree, no lending of Parker, chain saw, tools, or dog. Wife? Let me think about it. javascript:emoticon(':wink:')
Wink

I'm sure that line of anxious tuna guys patiently waiting in line behind him to lauch and head east appreciated that stunt. I would of loved to seen a few pictures of it though. On the bright side, no one was injured. Well except for some pride......

I am launching out of there this weekend. (Unless you have better tunoid recon.)
I will see if I can get some photos.
Cap Ronnie might have witnessed.

Never lend anything to anyone...EVER! :?

I lent a brand new 12" Craftsman compound miter saw to a good friend a few weeks back. It got rained on yesterday...

Back