New 2320 - anyone raised engine ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bmoore

Reaction score
I’ve read threads regarding raising engine on older models, but has anyone with a newer 2320 and an F300 had their engine raised ? If so... I’d be real interested to hear how it performed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no experiance with that combo, but I will say that raising the motor / motors 1 hole from factory/dealer location on my 2520/2820 improved things, especially handling. Boats felt much lighter when turning. The factory locations are very conservative. Good luck

I have a new 2320 with 300 This is my ninth new parker and I have now moved up 2 holes from factory.I would go with 2 holes up

hoveya":21b4ii0a said:
I have a new 2320 with 300 This is my ninth new parker and I have now moved up 2 holes from factory.I would go with 2 holes up

Awesome feedback. Have you experienced any ventilation in a following sea up two holes ? I’m suppose to drop off boat this afternoon to go up one hole.

id love to hear some feedback and result performances bmoore.

i have the permatrim on my 300 so idk if raising the motor up one hole will change things.

Raised engine one hole and ran 80 miles yesterday. The first thing I noticed is how much it frees up the steering. It feels like someone added power-steering. Really improved that handling aspect, but....raising the engine caused the bow to ride higher and resulted in a lot more pounding. It was really uncomfortable. I had to run around with the engine tucked all the way in and the trim tabs all the way down and I still felt like I needed more tab. I would absolutely have to get bigger trim tabs and a permatrim if I keep engine raised one hole. I have a 65 gallon bait tank in the middle of the cockpit and a kill bag with 100 lbs of ice and fish on the bracket between engine and transom, so not sure others that run their boat lighter in the back would experience the same results. I will probably lower engine back all the way down. Tough call...felt like a new boat in some ways. Engine felt happier. Way lighter feeling... but the bow up pounding is a deal killer.

johnkn":3stn18t9 said:
I have no experiance with that combo, but I will say that raising the motor / motors 1 hole from factory/dealer location on my 2520/2820 improved things, especially handling. Boats felt much lighter when turning. The factory locations are very conservative. Good luck
Handling was way better after raising, but having to use a lot more tab to get the bow down now which I think is bringing my fuel economy down a little. I need to run it a bit more in different conditions to really know. Have you ever had any ventilation issues ?

I’m surprised 1 hole made that much difference and caused you to need to drop your tabs down and trim the engine all the way down from a single hole up?

Bmoore":loyj6eep said:
johnkn":loyj6eep said:
Handling was way better after raising, but having to use a lot more tab to get the bow down now which I think is bringing my fuel economy down a little. I need to run it a bit more in different conditions to really know. Have you ever had any ventilation issues ?

Neither of my boats had any ventilation issues what so ever regardless of how hard I threw them around. I didn't notice any difference in pounding or tab effect, but they are different boats. Good luck...

Update - Took out boat yesterday with engine still raised one hole and was much happier with the overall ride and performance this weekend. Was seeing consistent 2.4-2.8 mpg at a good cruise. Didn’t notice any ventilation.

Update - lowered engine all the way back down for comparison and performs much better. Fuel economy went down a little. I’d say the best I see is about 2.4 mpg as opposed to the 2.6 when raised one hole, but boat hops out of the hole much better, prop bites better and not as much need for the trim tabs. With the engine raised I felt like I needed bigger trib tabs and a four blade prop and figured those additions would negate any fuel savings I was getting. All in all I think all the way down is best for my boat. 2017 2320 w/ F 300 - SWSII 17 pitch.

Nice test. Sometimes you just need to try different stuff to figure out what works best for you and your rig. Good info for others. I raised mine all the way up a few years ago and have been considering dropping it back down one hole.

Bmoore":2g5fprol said:
Update - lowered engine all the way back down for comparison and performs much better. Fuel economy went down a little. I’d say the best I see is about 2.4 mpg as opposed to the 2.6 when raised one hole, but boat hops out of the hole much better, prop bites better and not as much need for the trim tabs. With the engine raised I felt like I needed bigger trib tabs and a four blade prop and figured those additions would negate any fuel savings I was getting. All in all I think all the way down is best for my boat. 2017 2320 w/ F 300 - SWSII 17 pitch.

thank you for all your update posts! they really help. i have the same setup as you but average 1.8-2.1 mpg. i run pretty heavy with a full bait tank and 5 guys usually.

Bmoore":3pxvdlf0 said:

I have the 2320 w/250 Suzuki. Reading what you said - lowing motor had better performance. I noticed if your running in the ocean the motor will run boat better all the way down. For some reason if your running the bay - up is better. I also changed the tabs to larger ones and that’s a must when raining motor. I run my motor up all the way less one hole. I tried every hole ! I’m running a 4 blade in the bay. You are getting great gass miles. I’m at 2.7 - 3.2 Thanks for info. Marty D

Back