New 2520 XLD

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuSea

Reaction score
Hello all, This is my first post and I apologize if this post reads aggregation but:

My brother purchased a new Parker 2520 XLD Sport Cabin with second steering station in the cockpit last winter and received delivery this past spring. I had a opportunity to board the boat a few weeks back and could not help but notice the severe starboard list. When is say list, I mean bottom of port scupper is 2" above the water line and starboard scupper is at waterline. Scum line is the same.......2" above the bottom paint starboard and 2" below on the port. Yes, the bottom paint line is level around the boat. This boat has a single Yamaha 300 on a bracket. I told my brother he needs to contact the Parker sales rep in CT where the boat was purchased and get to the bottom of this ! The attached image shows the list on a 4' level which equals about 1/4" per foot of beam. His sales rep was contacted and the reply was " yeah, those 2520's with the second station list to starboard !!!!!

Funny thing is........... my brother weighs in at 260 and I at 180 and it takes both of us standing next to each other on the port stern to level this boat !
The second station with its fly by wire control and steering wheel weighs in excess of 440 pounds ? This boat also has a factory installed galley with small refrig and sink.

I told him that the reply from the sales staff is total BS as far as I'm concerned. The dealer is also a Grady White dealer . If a Grady was delivered fresh out of the box with a list ........ there would be a concern.

Lets hear your thoughts and maybe with enough commotion ...........we can hear from another Parker deal or a factory rep!

Congrats on the new ride.

What side is the helm on? What side is the second steering station on? Did you fill the fresh water tank? It is designed that way. Everything can't be mounted centerline because it's a PH. I think it's fair to say that the two of you probably weigh about the same the structures/controls on the starboard side.

If how an unloaded boat sits in the water is important to you, lead ballast can be added to the port side.

Most people would simply load gear on the port side to make up the difference.

FWIW once you manage the weight and balance issues by stowing gear to port, the boat will be relatively level and the scuppers will sit about he same distance above the waterline.

Enjoy your boat.

grouperjim":2cuuwpfa said:
Congrats on the new ride.

What side is the helm on? What side is the second steering station on? Did you fill the fresh water tank? It is designed that way. Everything can't be mounted centerline because it's a PH. I think it's fair to say that the two of you probably weigh about the same the structures/controls on the starboard side.

If how an unloaded boat sits in the water is important to you, lead ballast can be added to the port side.

Most people would simply load gear on the port side to make up the difference.

FWIW once you manage the weight and balance issues by stowing gear to port, the boat will be relatively level and the scuppers will sit about he same distance above the waterline.

Enjoy your boat.

Helm starboard, It currently takes 440 lbs of humans on the port gunnel to level the boat. That would be a LOT of gear. When underway it requires lots of starboard tab to counter act the list because this is added to by the person at the helm.

For what it is worth........ There are many pilot house boats at the marina, none of which are visibly listing port or starboard until loaded with occupants and additional gear i.e. coolers, etc.

Honestly, if I had just purchased a new boat and had the list problem you are describing, I would be unhappy also. However, I would do my best to get the dealer to acknowledge the issue and correct it or else take it up with Parker. Typically, they (Parker) are pretty easy to work with and I would give them the chance to correct the issue. I have to agree with you though, a boat should not list (to that degree) right from the factory and boats are way too expensive new to except it as normal.

Now, post the picture you were talking about in your first post. Good luck.

Take some time and go talk to Don Makenzie(owner of boats Inc) he is a great guy and will get his guys to take a look and figure out what is going on. I have had a working relationship with them for years and they always do the right thing. If you want go talk to jeep in service he has always be strait up and honest with me.

I bought a new 2520 XL SC with a free standing 2nd station and single Yamaha 300 from Boats, Inc. last year. It has a noticeable list to starboard....I assume they all do with the 2nd station...the deep V maybe a bit more. It probably floats level without the 2nd station. Such is life. I live with it and use trim tabs to level up underway. I plan to add a 9.9 HP kicker next year on the port side....should improve the situation a bit. Also, the guys at Boats, Inc. are great to deal with! I give them an A+.

Phil

My new 2520 and 2820 both with freestanding 2nd stations both list. I keep my fresh water tank full and keep ~120 lbs of lead in the port-most side of the aft bait tank to float it level. Good luck

Blazman234":3241msqf said:
Take some time and go talk to Don Makenzie(owner of boats Inc) he is a great guy and will get his guys to take a look and figure out what is going on. I have had a working relationship with them for years and they always do the right thing. If you want go talk to jeep in service he has always be strait up and honest with me.

Thank you !

johnkn":y842agx6 said:
My new 2520 and 2820 both with freestanding 2nd stations both list. I keep my fresh water tank full and keep ~120 lbs of lead in the port-most side of the aft bait tank to float it level. Good luck

It seems that the fresh water tank on this model is located in the galley module ( not good) liquid tanks should be low and centered . Too bad as there was room aft of the grey water tank to position a potable water tank below deck, centered.

PhilR":36zjyo5o said:
I bought a new 2520 XL SC with a free standing 2nd station and single Yamaha 300 from Boats, Inc. last year. It has a noticeable list to starboard....I assume they all do with the 2nd station...the deep V maybe a bit more. It probably floats level without the 2nd station. Such is life. I live with it and use trim tabs to level up underway. I plan to add a 9.9 HP kicker next year on the port side....should improve the situation a bit. Also, the guys at Boats, Inc. are great to deal with! I give them an A+.

Phil

Nothing intended to be negative against the dealer. They did not design the boat or offer the options from the factory that cause it to sit with a list. I don't believe this to be acceptable in the industry. My Grady Marlin 300 sits level across its beam with no occupants aboard. Point being.....ballast as needed should accompany a large component if that component is factory installed and changes the vessels position in the water at idle .

I find this to be reasonable when representing a specific brand as a consumer..............

Latest posts

Back