New Bluetooth stereo advice

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the one that I installed right after I purchased my 2120. So far, I have been happy with it. I also purchased the optional external mic for when using the phone function. I have it mounted right up on the cabin ceiling over the helm and it works really well. I'd even say that it works better than the one built into my car as far as clarity goes. I have been running 30mph offshore, with the windows and doors closed, and the person that I was speaking with couldn't even tell that I was on a boat. It works well with the windows open too though. I've even been out on the back deck talking to someone and they can still hear me. It's a very cool feature. One thing that you will want to note on these units is that you will need to run a hot wire straight to the battery if you want it to store your Bluetooth and presets as it will loose them when you switch the batterys off. Not a big deal. I haven't done it to mine yet and I just re-pair my phone on each trip. Hope this helps.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006ZZ ... uctDetails

I didn't use the blue tooth function on mine but I can't say enough good about the Fusion stereo I installed. Very versatile, upgradeable with plug and play components. Sirus -ready, WX, you can tie them into NEMA 2000 electronics, blue-tooth stuff, you name it. They are really made for the marine environment and come with a 4 year warranty. They're not just a car stereo with a water-repellent spray on the chassis. They're a few bucks more than the run-of-the-mill stuff but a quality unit. I recommend you check them out before you buy.

http://m.basspro.com/Boss-Audio-Systems ... 408051322/

This is the Bluetooth stereo I recently installed. So far so good. I had the same brand, but not Bluetooth, on my last boat and was happy with it.

My stereo is installed pretty low, low enough I can't read the display. So it's nice having a holder for my phone on the dash, controlling the stereo from my phone is convenient and easy.

Fusion is the #1 name in marine stereo. It actually works like a old school radio...Meaning you turn the knob for volume Up/Down.

You don't have to hunt a button.

They have everything you can think of to meet your desires.... I just recently added a Bluetooth modual to my model 600 Ipod unit.

My Ipod took a crap...Now I Bluetooth from my Samsung G4 Active. On a side note...Anything priority I dislike...Apple is priority!

May be a little off topic, but if you're getting a Bluetooth stereo you may want a nice phone mount. This one may be a it pricey for a phone mount but it is very solid and easy to use one handed. The suction is very strong.
#1 Best Phone Mount | Dash Grab Universal Phone Mount | Revolutiona...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JUBLR02/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_Jw04ub03Q5HF4
Here's a picture of it in use.

8704286060011cbffc5c2954b3a66d3d.jpg

I could use something like that. All I use the stero for is either Pandora or music stored on the phone so having it it finger tips like that would be nice. Thanks for the tip. Your helm set up looks super sweet also.

Back