New boats and colored hulls?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Matt

Reaction score
I realize some Parker owners have painted their hulls, and I have seen some pictures of green pilot houses posted here. My question is does Parker do this new from the factory? I've learned of a few new boats at a specific dealer that are already colored or tinted and I may take a look at one of them.

UM, yes you can buy a new colored hull.

Some dealers bring in an occasional colored hull for inventory or you would order one.

I've seen personally blue, black, green. I have green.

I saw a yellow one in a photo recently.

I don't know the total color choices. Check a dealer.

Dana

Uncle Matt":35y96knj said:
I've learned of a few new boats at a specific dealer that are already colored or tinted and I may take a look at one of them.

I hope you take (and post) some photos!
I'd love to see some of the colored hulls.

BTW - I love Danas 2530

I've read on another forum that you really want to avoid colored gelocat hulls; they look pretty the first year or two, but then fade and look poor after that. As an alternative the best colored hulls are those that are painted; see Glen E's testimony on THT.

Is Parker painting or using colored gelocat?

I am just reading all this, and have no firsthand knowledge.

What do you think Megabyte? A little Parker eye candy. The dealer told me the "Ice Blue" tinted hull cost $2900.00 additional. That would stink if it faded.

500HP on that 2501 would get me out to the tuna grounds quickly though. I realize I'd be guzzling gas though.

WOW !!

I like that color! :shock:
Check out the 'old style' logo too.
500 ponies should make that boat fly! 8)

Very nice!

I have bought two new Parkers (both factory ordered) - an '01 1801 and an '04 23SE. In both cases I asked (begged) for a colored hull but was given a definitive "no". The dealer was willing to paint the hull for me - but, at least at the time I ordered my boat(s), the factory wasn't spraying colored gell.

Maybe they have changed that - I think they would sell a ton of colored hulls in the Northeast (I always look with envy at the dark green and dark blue Jones Bros. I see around the Cape). Thanks for posting the pics.

Paul

I sent Robin Parker an email on Thursday and these are her responses -

Q Are the hulls colored at the factory?

A "The boat was spray painted after delivery by an independent painter
hired by that dealer as we do not offer this from the factory."

Q Is the paint warrantied?

A "We do not know the painter nor anything, one way or the other,
regarding the quality of his work."

Q Will the color fade and how badly?

A "fading can occur at different rates depending on the color and the
quality of the paint, the quality of the job itself and the conditions
under which the boat is maintained; therefore, we can not fully answer
this question.

Q What about the boat's hull warranty? Will the paint work effect it in
any way?

A As to whether the paint might affect the warranty of the boat itself;
that could only be determined at the time a problem occurred and
would be at the sole determination of Parker Marine."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So from all of this I understand the following. The paint work is not done at the factory and Parker Marine will not guarantee the quality of the work or be responsible for the unknown painters workmenship.

As some of you noted, like the powder blue, Parker boats can get painted for sale. That is why I mentioned I saw a yellow one in a picture recently, of a boat in rack storage from FL.

You can get factory colored gel coat.

The newer the boat, the better the UV protection on colored hulls. Mine is older and needs extra care. My original gel coat was Cooks Composites, and sometime after Parker switched.

Fall of 2004 I had a repair shop clean up some dings, scratches, etc. in the green and oyster colors. He wanted to paint it instead, but I wasn't going to sink money into it. Got a price for a 2530 at the time with Awlgrip at $5,000 for the hull, full strip of fittings, rub rail, removal of bottom paint. It was power compounded after they did their repairs and then I switched to Collonite wax.

Dana

? for "Uncle Matt"...that looks a lot like Crockers Marine...is it?

I know they painted a few Parkers soon after they got the dealership.

Give that man a prize! You are correct it is Crocker's Marine in Wilmington, North Carolina. The salesman told me thay have an identical 2501 in fighting lady yellow at their other N.C. location. I'd like to see that. If I sell my current Parker, I'll hopefully be purchasing one of these babies.

That a Gore T-top? The "other" Crocker NC dealer is Morehead Marine.

Notice the Southern Style "king mackeral" rod holders on sides of T-Top?

Megabyte":1dy7uhb6 said:
Uncle Matt":1dy7uhb6 said:
If I sell my current Parker, I'll hopefully be purchasing one of these babies.

Awesome! :D

As we say in The South..."I heard that" !

dcunniff":12h1qyqk said:
You can get factory colored gel coat.

Dana

No, just "Parker white" gel coat these days. Colored boats of recent vintage have been painted after they left the factory.

Back