new bottom machine?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonas grumby

Reaction score
I have a 2007 1801 which fits my boating needs like a glove. I use the boat primarily for fishing the lower Chesapeake and her tributaries as well as pulling the family on tubes. I've had her offshore as well when the water conditions permitted. When I had the dealer outfit it, I had a Lowrance 68c installed as recommended. My target fish are normally on wrecks and rockpiles and I use my sounder extensively for profile and of course to see if there are any fish. I am not savvy to electronics but am considering installing a new sounder if it will present a more accurate picture of what is below. I am fully aware that there are some awesome machines out there but I would like to stay under $750. Any suggestions are appreciated.

For a few dollars more buy a FCV 620 Furuno.
An FCV 600 used for $500 will still not come with the transducer, or if it does it will be an old transom mount.
I suggest contacting Jim @ BOE to see what the actual costs are for the FCV 620. The FCV 600 is indeed reliable but older technology.
Add a B20- 20 Thru Hull and you have the best.
Just my $0.02 worth.

Tom

Hugs Tug":2ar2n7bh said:
An FCV 600 used for $500 will still not come with the transducer, or if it does it will be an old transom mount.

They can be had for much lower than $500. Have bought 3, never paid more than $350 complete, plus one @ $300 and another @ $325. New Furuno 620s from Jim are just under $750 without transducer. To some people, that difference buys a GPS chartplotter.

Back