New Cushions and Cockpit Coamings

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave-j

Reaction score
My 2000 model year 23DVCC had worn out cushions on the front of the console and the cockpit coamings. A quick call to Coastal Canvas fixed that! The best advice was simply shipping new "skins" for the cockpit coaming cushions to save costs and shipping.

About three hours totall work taking off the old ones, stapling on the new skins using stainless staples, and reinstalling. Boat looks great! (of course, new Suzuki 250 doesn't hurt!)

Attachments

• New Cushions 1 (Small).jpg
    New Cushions 1 (Small).jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 393
  • New Csushions 3 (Small).jpg
    New Csushions 3 (Small).jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 393
  • New Cushions 4 (Small).jpg
    New Cushions 4 (Small).jpg
    26 KB · Views: 393
Nice ... now where's the report on YOUR Suzuki repower ... ?

This weekend was first time I got to spend a significant amount of time with it. Fished about 7 hours on Saturday and 5 on Sunday. Absolutely love, love, love it! Briefly (still in break-in mode) went WOT and hit 40.3 knots! Not MPH, but knots! The biggest difference I can tell is that at 4500 RPM I can goose it and get immediate increase in boat speed. My buddy felt the acceleration and just looked over and smiled!

For trolling, it is quiet as a mouse. Lastly, not a data driven observation, but it didn't go through nearly the gas this weekend that the OX66 would have. Will do a detailed report later, but this is a great frigging engine!

Dale, how's yours doing compared to your expectations?

Back