NEW DIESEL PARKER?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally don't think it looks appealing. Would rather have that weight more forward in a traditional cockpit mounted inboard.

Can't land a tuna when anchored? Yikes - sucks for all the outboard boats with brackets - this just in - "you cannot land a tuna on your boat!" Give me a break...

I fish religiously off a regulator with twins on a bracket, a nice big bracket. We chunk all night, sometimes drifting, sometimes hooked up to a high-flyer. If we are lucky and find fish, we find away to get them to the boat.

While I agree the looks may take getting used to - give me a break - can't land a tuna? I love the idea of a diesel parker with the beautiful open dance floor in the back.

My true concern is maintenance, and performing any of it with the boat in the water. Seems tools may be lost quite easily haha

My guess is that this is a trend that will not look weird to us in a few years.

As for the tuna comment, I don't understand. Why not?

I don’t mind the design
Although I would probably like a straight inboard
But I would like a large dive platform either way
I think its great for options for repower
Fish on

Attachments

• TunaOn2010s.JPG
    TunaOn2010s.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 191
CP Guys!

I read the article in my boating magazine, it was pretty brief, they called it an Armstrong pod. Their theory was that the pod allowed the drive to get into more dense water aft of the stern created turbulance. Increasing efficiency, I have been researching the Yanmar powerplant for some time(for repowering my current gas I/O ) the package price is about $37,000 then its another $1600 for the cable control or another $4700 for the fly by wire. So, I was looking at about $40,000 for the conversion! I've decided to just replace the engine and go w/ the 330hp Crusader, and just have my Volvo Duo Prop 290 drive completely rebuilt. more like $15,000

I've heard real good things about the Crusader engines, anyone out there have any input? ideas recommendations? I'm open to all.

I hope everyone has safe and Happy Holidays!

Scotty

Check it out.

http://www.proboat.com/bolt-on-diesel-power.html

Bolt-on-diesel-01.jpg

Bolt-on-diesel-02.jpg

Bolt-on-diesel-03.jpg

Bolt-on-diesel-04.jpg

Not much different than bolting on an outboard, plus you get a nice big swim/fish platform.
Would love to get a ride on her.

I don't think that I would like to fish around it. I've had enough issues with the bracket mounted engine on my 2520. Picked up my first crabpot the other day during the Skipjack races. I'll just say that I wasn't very dry when I finally got the mess unwrapped from the prop. Never once wrapped a crabpot with my inboard Wellcraft. Shift that motor forward and put a keel and shoe around the prop. Then you'll have a well balanced fishing machine.

Charlie
Eden, Maryland

Capt. Ronnie":3rbw252l said:
[you might have a shot at fighting a giant (500-1000 lb fish) if you mounted a chair or leaning post on top of the engine cover

Why not? :)

You fight and land fish large fish tuna/sharks from the side of boat. I see no problem if you know what you are doing.

Back