New Garmin GPSMap 741sx, 741, etc

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. These new units make my 2003 'state of the art' package look positively archaic. :(

It doesn't really tell me what it does different then my 740s

and I wonder if they got rid of the stupid magnetic door for the SD card

Thanks for sharing. I'm a new owner of a 2100 SE and did a lot of research and was also impressed with the Raymarine E7 series. Very similar capability, interfaces, etc. as the Garmin. Another thought; similar to aircraft avionics, marine electronics are becoming increasingly more capable and either interfacing with other equipment or getting increased functionality in single pieces of gear. I suspect the advances in this stuff over the next few years will be pretty amazing.

One more comment, as a new member on this sight, I've really enjoyed the help and information Parker owners share with others, especially new owners. I feel like I have a whole bunch of friends that I haven't met yet that I can count on for advice, humor, and opinions. Keep up the good work!

Megabyte":3gb4yh7h said:
Wow. These new units make my 2003 'state of the art' package look positively archaic. :(

I here ya
I have a 2003 Garmin 2008C and a Furuno 1712
I see the new Chartplotters and the new 3G and 4G radar
ROTHFL....My stuff is like running a 286 computer
But maybe...this year is upgrade time :p
Im leaning to the Lowrance HDS Gen2 Touch series
http://www.panbo.com/archives/2012/10/lowrance_hds_gen2_touch_structurescan_included.html

But the new Garmin with the Chirp sonar integration Mmmmmm maybe I stick with Garmin
But Im not sure if I want a 7" screen I was hoping for about 10" but arnt we all. :lol:
Well Im going to keep my ear to the track anyway I wont be pulling the trigger till maybe March
So will see what up by then

Back