New Member 2012 2520 XL

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
baker":b341cihy said:
New member and new Parker as of April 25, 2020

Hi Baker, Congratulations on your Parker, I'm sure you will love it. I too have a 2520. (A 2013/2014 I've had for about 3.5 years).... It's been a great boat!

Andy":1qey534z said:
baker":1qey534z said:

Hi Baker, Congratulations on your Parker, I'm sure you will love it. I too have a 2520. (A 2013/2014 I've had for about 3.5 years).... It's been a great boat!

Thanks Andy. Just a few days mulling over the boat I have at least a dozen items that need addressed. Since shipping is taking longer then normal when ordering things, I should be ready in a few weeks to make a splash. I have watched many of your youtube videos, they are great.
Greg

baker":3p8yx27w said:
Andy":3p8yx27w said:
baker":3p8yx27w said:

Thanks Andy. Just a few days mulling over the boat I have at least a dozen items that need addressed. Since shipping is taking longer then normal when ordering things, I should be ready in a few weeks to make a splash. I have watched many of your youtube videos, they are great.
Greg

Hi Greg, Thank you for watching my videos... it's much appreciated! Almost all of my Youtube videos are of Parker boats. Mostly my Parker, but also of any other Parker I happen to see on, or off, the water!
Andy

baker":2urf93ws said:
Hey Andy,

Have you changed or modified the original battery setup? Also, where is your holding tank located for the head?

Hi Baker, I have not changed the original battery set up, but I did replace the batteries about 2 weeks ago. The batteries I had were a couple months shy of 4 years old; one of them was still very good via a load-test, but I still replaced both of them with deep-cycle series 27; the same that were already there...... The holding tank is located directly under the floor in the center of the pilothouse, with easy access via a hatch in the floor. Under that same hatch, in front of where the holding tank is, is a huge open unused wasted space (room for a gyro-stabilizer! ☺... only thing missing with that is the $$$ to buy one!), and there is an additional bilge pump in the bottom of that space which is nearly inaccessible as it a very deep space...

Andy":3skyy6l4 said:
baker":3skyy6l4 said:
Hey Andy,

Have you changed or modified the original battery setup? Also, where is your holding tank located for the head?

Hi Baker, I have not changed the original battery set up, but I did replace the batteries about 2 weeks ago. The batteries I had were a couple months shy of 4 years old; one of them was still very good via a load-test, but I still replaced both of them with deep-cycle series 27; the same that were already there...... The holding tank is located directly under the floor in the center of the pilothouse, with easy access via a hatch in the floor. Under that same hatch, in front of where the holding tank is, is a huge open unused wasted space (room for a gyro-stabilizer! ☺... only thing missing with that is the $$$ to buy one!), and there is an additional bilge pump in the bottom of that space which is nearly inaccessible as it a very deep space...

Hi Andy, well the battery setup is just manufacturers basic arrangement. I find it very inconvenient (and dumb) to go below the deck hatch in the cockpit, lay down to reach below the transom seat and into the hatch hole, to turn the battery switch.
I was just wondering what others may have done, like move the switches forward to the pilot house or cabin.

I have no deck hatch in the floor of the pilot house. Also, I don't believe there is a mid bilge pump there either, although there is a switch on the panel for it. When switch is flipped, I don't hear anything running, I'll check the back of the panel for wiring next.

I'll figure out how to do some videos and post them on Youtube.

I'm going to dismantle the VST on the motor this weekend to change the fiter. fun stuff.

baker":1xj99tpx said:
Andy":1xj99tpx said:
baker":1xj99tpx said:
Hey Andy,

Hi Andy, well the battery setup is just manufacturers basic arrangement. I find it very inconvenient (and dumb) to go below the deck hatch in the cockpit, lay down to reach below the transom seat and into the hatch hole, to turn the battery switch.
I was just wondering what others may have done, like move the switches forward to the pilot house or cabin.

I have no deck hatch in the floor of the pilot house. Also, I don't believe there is a mid bilge pump there either, although there is a switch on the panel for it. When switch is flipped, I don't hear anything running, I'll check the back of the panel for wiring next.

I'm going to dismantle the VST on the motor this weekend to change the fiter. fun stuff.

This week I'll try to post a video of my holding tank, plumbing and such set-up on my 2013/2014 'Parker' Youtube channel to show the access to the holding tank and bilge pump area. And I agree, I have often wondered why Parker put the battery switch under the cockpit, aft, compartment requiring us to open the deck hatch on our hands-and-knees just to turn the battery switch on and off; it is the most inconvenient place I have every had on any of my 5+ 'major' boats since 1975. I see they have corrected that with new Parker 2520's... I have a lot of things I want to learn to do on my 2014 Yamaha 300; changing the VST is one of them, as is changing/checking the internal engine zincs and the thermostats... I've not yet found a good tutorial on how to do that. If you know of any Youtube videos that show that please let me know... One more issue with the battery and switch placement that I was warned about by my boats first owner was to be careful in the winter to not leave that battery access hatch latches secured in the winter. Water in the latches will freeze, making it impossible to open the hatch. I boat year-round here in eastern NC, and have had the hatch latches freeze where I could not open them!

baker":30ex9qiz said:
Andy":30ex9qiz said:
baker":30ex9qiz said:
Hey Andy,

I meant to ask. If you post videos of your boat and/or anything Parker-boat-related on Youtube, please let me know where to access/see the videos... Also, I don't know how to be notified about these ClassicParker posts; if anyone can tell me how, please do! ☺ I only find these responses by checking back to the posts...

Back