New member from Northeast

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capt.nick

Reaction score
New member but Parker owner for 24 years. My first was a 2520 Pilothouse w/225OX66, 2520XL w/225F Yamaha and now a 2017 23SE w/F200 inline 4 cylinder. I fish from the north fork of Long Island to Northport, NY (both NY & Ct) and my home port is Bridgeport, CT. Look forward to being here.

New member but Parker owner for 24 years. My first was a 2520 Pilothouse w/225OX66, 2520XL w/225F Yamaha and now a 2017 23SE w/F200 inline 4 cylinder. I fish from the north fork of Long Island to Northport, NY (both NY & Ct) and my home port is Bridgeport, CT. Look forward to being here.
Hey Capt Nick, Welcome to Classic Parker! You've had a nice variety of Parkers!....
I bought a boat up your way in Cos Cob; January 1983.... We did the sea-trial in Long Island Sound. The high that day was 14 F. and was blowing in the upper-teens!... I remember thinking you'd have to be crazy to own a boat there! ☺I'm sure it's better in the summers....

Hey Capt Nick, Welcome to Classic Parker! You've had a nice variety of Parkers!....
I bought a boat up your way in Cos Cob; January 1983.... We did the sea-trial in Long Island Sound. The high that day was 14 F. and was blowing in the upper-teens!... I remember thinking you'd have to be crazy to own a boat there! ☺I'm sure it's better in the summers....
I sea trialed my 2520XL in Febuary on a snotty day out of Niantic, CT. That's the best condition to try one as you don't learn much about how they handle on a calm day.

Welcome. I am in Rhode Island, but close to the Ct border. I usually fish anywhere from Narragansett to Block Island and CT waters.

Welcome. Two very different boats. Sometime describe handling differences for newer owners to follow. Big current areas, variable tides, open water waves, and more...

Back