New member with a new to me boat

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tug

Reaction score
Greatings, after 30 years it became time to replace my 17'Boston Whaler.
After a short search I found a 2007 1801 with a 115 on the back 0nly 30 hrs. Wow what a boat I couldnt be more thrilled with her. Running out of Timms creek (Worton MD) allmost everyday since the laborday weekend I just cant get enough,
I was looking for eather an 18 or 21' cc for fishing,skieng and just generally messing about, Did I mention how thrilled I am with this boat!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• P1010012.JPG
    P1010012.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 664
The boat in the pic looks a little bigger than an 1801 :D . I hope to have an 1801 in the near future. Until then I live vicariously through the happy Parker owners on Classic Parker.

Porkchunker":22iwemyo said:
Propshafts as big as a man's waist. Propnuts that weigh 500 lbs. What kind of boat is that?
Hmmmmmmmmm, I'm gonna go out on a limb here, I'd guess ... an ocean going 'tug'?

'cept I wudda thought it had nozzle drives ...

Ok so the boat in the pic is 115x36x15 with an air draft of 75', twin screw 5000hp Kort nozzle tug. Cat 3516's.
This Boat is 2 years old and was built in Houma LA, We run mostly in the Philly,NY and Chesapeake bay area with Fuel barges. Boats name " Chesapeake" At our crusing speed ( about 8+ kts) we sip fuel like a Parker-70 gph .
Cant wait to get home and put my 1801 back in the water what a great boat!

tug":2lj3f7a4 said:
Ok so the boat in the pic is 115x36x15 with an air draft of 75', twin screw 5000hp Kort nozzle tug. Cat 3516's.
This Boat is 2 years old and was built in Houma LA, We run mostly in the Philly,NY and Chesapeake bay area with Fuel barges. Boats name " Chesapeake" At our crusing speed ( about 8+ kts) we sip fuel like a Parker-70 gph .
Cant wait to get home and put my 1801 back in the water what a great boat!

i see that boat quite often on the delaware. I work underneath the ben franklin bridge (i run one of the philly duck boats)

vane brothers has some really beautiful equipment.

matter of fact i saw the wicomico with a fuel barge on the hip last month underneath the ben franklin, 3 days later i had to move out of his way while I was fluke fishing at ambrose 1-2 in NY Harbor on my parker, same barge but on the short wire.

Latest posts

Back