New motor (re-power) ... and new crew!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job Dale. May God bless you and your family. It takes a special person to undertake that responsibility.

My 5 kids (ages 12-18) always love the amusement parks. We plan on hitting two more this summer.

I have been fortunate enough to take my daughters many places from NC Outer Banks, Tampa, San Diego to Hawaii. Our recent spring break was spent in Charleston SC, Folly Beach and Isle of Palms, they loved it! Highly reccomend it. So far as shooting, I started them w/ hand guns at 10 years old, I believe females train very easily as long as you start them with small-caliber and work up. They have both worked thier ways up from .22 to .45 and .357. My oldest has recently commandeered my baby Glock! I wish I had a dime for every meat-head I see at the range showing his girlfriend how cool his .50 cal hand-cannon is. Too bad he cannot maintain anything below a 16" grouping and his girlfriend is terrified to even hold the weapon! I have to laugh when my 14 year-old is knocking the centers of her targets completely out and El-Dorko in the next stall can't hit the black twice in a row even with a Nancy-boy lazer attached!
I beleive we were all put here for reasons, one of yours was to do what you are doing and taking care of those beautiful girls (all 3). You will certainly be rewarded for that!

This is the learning tool I bought for the wife.
Sig Sauer Mosquito.

web.jpg

Once she feels comfortable with this, she can step up to the P226 NAVY in 9mm.
The manual of arms is the same for both. :wink:

Dale, you are gonna have so much fun. :)

Kevin, that is really cool! I'll have to keep that pic away from the Mrs. or she'll want to trade in her Beretta Inox and I'll be dropping some coin! On second thought, it's my anniversary so maybe I can get her one of those Sigs and get me a new Kimber!!!

jonas grumby":1it1tn7e said:
On second thought, it's my anniversary so maybe I can get her one of those Sigs and get me a new Kimber!!!

Jonas... Get the 'skeeter and a matching P226.
You won't be sorry. :wink:

Good point Bill.
Dale, how long is break-in before you can assemble performance numbers?

What a beautiful thing to do Dale. Where ever you go whether it be Disney or the back yard just add lots of love Buddy and you will be fine. Mine are all grown and gone but they still end each conversation with I love you every time they call....My deepest respect to you and your fiance, Mike

Sounds awesome Dale and what a great thing you are doing for the kids!

I am down in NJ so pretty far from you. Hershey park in PA is always fun, some campgrounds can be good too. We hit otter lake in PA every year and the large mouth bass fishing is usually pretty good-maybe there are some campgrounds with lakes in your neck of the woods where !

You have a Parker and the ocean around you-thats the best entertainment I can think of.

Smittles1179":2ffiszjx said:
Best of luck to you and your family Dale!

Nice Motor. What no specs?

Megabyte":2ffiszjx said:
Dale, how long is break-in before you can assemble performance numbers?
The total break-in time is 10-hours and I can't go over 4K for the 1st three, so it will be a bit before I know anything.

Max RPMs are 6100 and right now she wears a 16" diameter x 18.5" pitch wheel. A guy from J&W with a 26' Steiger uses that same prop on his DF250. And the Parker might be a tad heavier, so we'll see.

To all: Thanks so much for your thoughts and well wishes! I'm down in TN as I post this ... here to pick up my girls ...

DaleH":1mze38if said:
Thanks so much for your thoughts and well wishes! I'm down in TN as I post this ... here to pick up my girls ...

WooHoo!
Take em out for a putt-putt. Quality time plus break-in hours.
Win - Win !

Latest posts

Back