new orleans boat show

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aknoxclark

Reaction score
i attended the above this past weekend and looked at many boats. there were more bayou/bay type boats then offshore monsters but contender, everglades, scout, robalo were all in attendance. i love my parker 21se but the wife does not like the spartan accommodations on the boat so we looked closely at all the blue water brands. i loved the scout 24xsf and so did mama. everyone at contender, scout, everglades, etc could tell i knew what i was doing when opening hatches, asking about deadrise, etc, etc and they asked me what boat i had currently. when i said parker..every response was great company, great family, great boat, no frills, solid, seaworthy, etc. nice to hear. of course scout offered more seats, more comfort while contender offered a 24.5 deadrise and serious storage, everglades was very nice and I used to own a edgewater so have great respect for bob dougherty. at the end of it all..i remain a very proud parker owner and will buy a proper bean bag for the wiffey. if anything i am now seeking a 23 deep vee parker.

Careful of those 24 degree V boats, they will make you sick when on the drift, however the upside they will go through ANTHING!

watch one thing on the scouts, don't know if they addressed this recently or not. the scuppers are so close to the water line that when you put on the breaks the deck gets flooded. Ive been on a 2004 23 cc that my Nephew owned and you could never keep your shoes dry on.When a freind of mine was interested in an abaco 4 or 5 years ago I mentioned it to him. he said the same thing happened on his sea trial and he walked away from it.

thanks for the comments. i have heard that a few times about scout. on my everglades 185, i encountered a somewhat similar problem as the scuppers drained through a long S tube and would get backed up and were always very slow to drain any water in the boat. the scuppers on my 21SE remain well above the waterline and drain very quickly. My parker 21SE is paid for and is a very enjoyable, solid and versatile boat. i have fished the shallow bayous and 20 miles offshore with zero issues.

Back