New Owner 2017 23' Sport Cabin

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clintbry

Reaction score
I haven't taken delivery yet. I am having the dealer add the fresh water kit and ordering a heavy duty trailer. I will have her in about 2 weeks. I have a few questions.

-How much weight can the roof handle, is there a specific rating?
-Does anyone have a bow mounted trolling motor, Rhodan Marine makes an 84 inch 120 lb thrust?
-Has anyone made a hammock rack to span the rear area, I hope to spend most nights outside the cabin?
-Will I need to add an external GPS antenna or will it pick up from the dash area?

Thanks in advance for any help, the wait is killing me and I can't wait to do some outfitting. It is a new boat and only has a couple of options. West coast high rails, bow pulpit, rear pads.

Clintbry":2pt3dpk7 said:
I haven't taken delivery yet. I am having the dealer add the fresh water kit and ordering a heavy duty trailer. I will have her in about 2 weeks. I have a few questions.

-How much weight can the roof handle, is there a specific rating?
-Does anyone have a bow mounted trolling motor, Rhodan Marine makes an 84 inch 120 lb thrust?
-Has anyone made a hammock rack to span the rear area, I hope to spend most nights outside the cabin?
-Will I need to add an external GPS antenna or will it pick up from the dash area?

Thanks in advance for any help, the wait is killing me and I can't wait to do some outfitting. It is a new boat and only has a couple of options. West coast high rails, bow pulpit, rear pads.

I looked into various options for the hammock but couldn't find out a good way to have it hang where my butt wasn't hanging on the ground. If you get a good solution I'd love to hear it. I decided on an inflatable matress so I'm down out of wind.
My Simrad Evo2 NSS9s do not have an external GPS antenna and work file.

Regarding the external GPS antenna, I originally did not have one but would lose signal now and then on my Lowrance unit which was very frustrating so I went ahead and installed one. Later when I installed my auto pilot it needed an external GPS antenna anyways.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Back