New owners in Oceanside, CA

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishorSurf

Reaction score
My best friend Willy and I are the proud new owners of a 2001 2520DV 41P diesel. We finally got the boat of our dreams and it is a serious fishing machine. Tuna tower, radar, 2 GPS's, fish finder, chart plotter and more - this boat has it all! The previous owner, an engineer, took great care of this boat and it shows. We went out for the first time on Saturday and took it offshore San Diego. Broke it in right and bloodied the decks with 3 skippies on the troll and a nice yellowfin off a paddy. Weren't quite sure we were going to like the enclosed pilot house but after a long day under a hot sun we were diggin' it on the ride home. Looking forward to many more days on the water and a boat that will last us until we can't do it anymore. More posts to follow as we already have a list of questions that need answering. Thanking you all in advance for your help and a great website that helped us make the decision to buy.

Attachments

• Naomi 1.jpg
    Naomi 1.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 671
An 01 with a diesel? Sweet! 8)
That's got to be one of the last ones built before all the boats went to outboard power.

I too would like to see some detail photos when you are able.
Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

Thanks for the responses. From what we were told this boat was 1 of 4 built with a diesel in 2001, the last year they offered them. We are going offshore again this Sunday and look forward to getting to know her better. More pictures soon.

Happy to be aboard!

That's a beautiful boat, I will be offshore on Sunday as well, Hidden Bank area...I'll be on 72 if you are out there.

We are headed out of Oceanside towards the 43 and possibly work our way up from there. We'll give you a shout. Tight lines!

FishorSurf":9zrifhi5 said:
From what we were told this boat was 1 of 4 built with a diesel in 2001, the last year they offered them.

You have a rare and very desirable vessel there. Best of luck with her!

Actually, the last model year for the diesel option was 2002.
The owner of the house where I dock my boat has a 2510 with the diesel option.
Great boat with a great ride along with minimal fuel consumption.
Tom

AWWW! Thats a heck of a boat!
Awesome to hear your gettin into the tuna .
Im gonna try my luck next week!
MJ.

Back