New Parker 1801 - cost and bow seating?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fly_fish

Reaction score
Hey all, was referred here from THT.

Looking for a glass CC in 18-20 ft range for the waters up here in the pacific northwest. Used choices are super limited as 95% of fishing boats around here are aluminum. New choices are limited to what local dealerships carry, which I've narrowed down to a Scout 195, Robalo R180, and a Parker 1801.

What I can't figure out with the Parker is pricing. Cost is a key consideration for me, so knowing this ahead of time will help me out with the decision. The website doesn't have a "build your own" feature like Scout/Robalo, and it just shows the $32,915 MSRP for the "base" boat. I imagine I can negotiate down from there...but not sure how much of a discount is typical? 10%? 20%? What did you all pay?

Also I can't price out addons that I'd like (150 yamaha, trims, etc) nor see what else is even available.....I'd rather have a better idea of all this stuff before reaching out to the dealership so I'm not flying blind so to speak.

As for the bow seating, how comfy is it for the wife to lounge up there with a drink and a book? The scout 195 looks great for this, but hard to tell on the parker. Dealer doesn't have any in inventory so tough to get an in person example of this.

Appreciate all the help.

I have had a Parker 1801 for five years now and love it. Bought it new. Can't tell you about discounts - I would just be guessing. The bow seating is not very big. If your wife is over 5' tall she couldn't stretch out. I will double check next time I am down to the boat.

My boat has a 115 and I have never felt I wanted more HP. But I fish by myself... your results may vary. Also all my fishing is on a river, so sheltered waters.

I have read on here that Parkers hold their value very well on the left coast. Again, no personal experience.

So you would have to order a boat? Any idea what the lead time is?

1801Steve":1oelezxf said:
I have had a Parker 1801 for five years now and love it. Bought it new. Can't tell you about discounts - I would just be guessing. The bow seating is not very big. If your wife is over 5' tall she couldn't stretch out. I will double check next time I am down to the boat.

My boat has a 115 and I have never felt I wanted more HP. But I fish by myself... your results may vary. Also all my fishing is on a river, so sheltered waters.

I have read on here that Parkers hold their value very well on the left coast. Again, no personal experience.

So you would have to order a boat? Any idea what the lead time is?

Hey man thanks so much for the info!

Wife is about 5'10, so will "struggle" in pretty much all 18-20' cc's to fully stretch out, but I was thinking maybe just bring some outdoor pillows or something to lean against the gunwales on and it looks like it could be somewhat comfy? Or at least as comfy as the front on the Robalo R180 and Scout 195 sf? Was also thinking I could fabricate some type of ottoman to place between the bow seat and the front console seat to 'bridge the gap' so to speak, similar to Whaler's option of a "sundeck".

I think I can get away with the 115, but all I ever hear from folks is to max out the power. I know the 150 would allow a bit more confidence when going out on the ocean too, as weather can kick up pretty nasty stuff. Fishing would be for me and two buds, we are all pretty big dudes...so a 150 wouldn't hurt either. I will add a trolling motor and hopefully downriggers too, so the weight addons will add up eventually as well.

I believe I will have to order one, no idea on lead time. The "local" dealership (still a few hours drive) only has half a dozen parkers in stock and they are all larger XLD's/sport cabins/etc. I'm not in a rush though, so maybe if I wait until the fall I could get a better deal?

I have a 115 on mine, and with your description is of a fishing day, you Should definitely get the 150 with trim tabs. Great little boats! Good luck.

I just ordered a 2021 1801 , upgrade from 115 to 150 was 4,800 for motor and hydraulic steering. Trim tabs were another $700 , and Parker moves the battery to under the console to offset the weight of heavier motor. 150 weights about 70 lbs more then 115

I own a 2016 1801. I would say you should not expect any discount on a new 1801. The nationally advertised price is set by Parker, and the dealers don't have the authority to drop it. They might be able to work with you on some of the dealer related costs while prepping the boat for delivery, but you are talking a couple hundred bucks maybe. In terms of pricing upgrades, Parker wants you to deal with their dealers directly on pricing, which is why things are not laid out on the website. Work with your dealer. You might be better off trying to negotiate additional services from your dealer like some discount on servicing.

The bow seating isn't really going to be comfortable to do any lounging. It's a spot to sit, upright with no backrests. If you are anchored up in clam water you could probably make it comfortable with some extra cushions. But underway or getting bounced around at anchor it won't be comfortable enough to relax for an adult. My kids love it though, they usually are on the bow, and my wife sits on the seating in front of the consul.

No discount for me for a 2021 1801 although I guess I was lucky to get a 2021 at the 2020 price.
If boats were stacked up at the dealers I guess there may be a discount, but that haven't been the case in 2020! Rick

I owned a Parker 1801 for seven years and had it in some pretty extreme waters from Socal to the Sea of Cortez. It is an amazing boat. I would argue that it may be the best riding Parker. Just my opinion. I think they nailed the bow to length and water line ratio with this model. Perhaps they went a little too big with the beam on the 21SE. I had trim tabs and a F115. Model year was 2005. I would often take the boat 60 miles offshore to San Clemente Island and paddy hop for dorado and tuna. I loved the modified vee for our waters. Most guys who came on my boat were used to being on 24 foot boats with pilot houses. They could not believe how big and stable the boat was for a 18 footer. I just recently sold it because I did feel like it was a little underpowered with the F115, especially when coming home in a following sea and trying to not get stuck in the trough in between swells. It ran well with two guys, noticed a huge difference with three. One of the reasons why the new Parkers are not appealing to me is the bow platform and the extra seating, but this sounds like something you are interested in.
Check out Jones Brothers, Pair marine aka Sea Ox, Carolina Yachts, Layton Bay, albury Brothers and Steiger. I believe that these are the best built boats in the country. Most are built in NC. There is a Stieger craft dealer in Oakland, not super close to you, but give him a call and he can talk you through lots of different scenarios. He used to sell Parkers too. Since you are looking for something solid, along with some creature comforts, I would say that you have lots of options as most manufacturers are making their boats so they can have their families onboard as well. I would also recommend that you be open to buying a late year model or new or custom, even if you have to drive to the East Coast. There are tons more options. BTW Parker as I understand sold the company. PM me if you want more info about this boat, I can give you a lot of pointers on things you may want to keep in mind. Good luck!
https://www.boattrader.com/dealers/boat--motor-mart/2926322/

Back