New Parker 2510XLD - Portland, OR

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hard Core

Reaction score
Here's "Hard Core", a Parker 2510 XLD with twin 150s. I've been rigging the boat since I got it last April, on and off, as much as work and fishing allows, including all the electronics, arch, outriggers, bait tanks/tubes/pumps, etc. I didn't realize how much work it would be. Tops out at 37 knots and has a nice cruise at 32.

This is my 4th boat (first Parker), and I have to say after having cut quite a few holes in the boat installing things, I'm very impressed with the heavy duty construction of this boat.

Had a handful of great trips off the Oregon coast this summer catching albacore, salmon, and some nice halibut (including one at 120 pounds). The boat will be heading down to San Diego in a couple of months, and then destined to reside permanently in Puerto Vallarta by next fall.

Equipment list:

200 gallon fuel
Marine head and holding tank
Fresh water sink, stove
Stainless steel west coast bow rails
Full transom with fish box
14 launchers
Dual spreader lights
Dual NavNet displays (10.4" and 7")
4kW, 3.5' open array radar w/ auto plotter
Low profile transducers: 600W dual freq and separate speed/temp
Weather fax
Network digital compass
Icom with dual remote mikes (overhead and cockpit)
Taco grand slam 350 full controls, 15' telescoping poles
Tunaform tuna tubes (6) with 3800GPH pump/manifold
32 gallon kodiak and separate built in bait tank (shared pump with valves)
10k-lb aluminum I-beam trailer

Autopilot, probably SimRad still to be added.

I've started gearing up for PV, just picked up 4 x Tiagra 50WLRSA w/ Calstar 755XXH's.

Cheers,
Hard Core

Attachments

• HardCore5.jpg
    HardCore5.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 880
  • HardCore21.jpg
    HardCore21.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 880
  • HardCore27.jpg
    HardCore27.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 880
  • HardCore33.jpg
    HardCore33.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 880
  • HardCore44.jpg
    HardCore44.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 880
  • HardCore52.jpg
    HardCore52.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 880
Hardcore:!

SWEET boat and intro! Welcome aboard, you've stepped right aboard and pulled up in your Parker :D ! How'd you know we LOVE pictures!

Now, we need performance numbers on that puppy with those motors! My bro runs a deep-V Grady and it looking at replacing his 20-year old Yam 2-strokes with the 4-cylinder Yumkie 4-strokes. Any data you have would be great!

Welcome to Classic Parker and the Parker Nation.

As Dave (aka 'Porkchunker') coined ... we are your on-line Parker Owner's Manual.

Very nicely done with all the electronics and all other stuff you have put in and on there!!!

Hard Core,
First of all WELCOME and your boat looks great. I have the 2520XLD with twin 150's. Your electronics install looks great as well. Randy.

DaleH":16jowzpb said:
SWEET boat and intro! Welcome aboard, you've stepped right aboard and pulled up in your Parker :D ! How'd you know we LOVE pictures!

Dale took the words right out of my mouth! :)
Welcome aboard!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. This is truly an awesome site with some very skilled folks aboard here. I'm impressed!

I'll be happy to post fuel numbers, but I do not have a good characterization as of yet. I've had only a handful of trips thus far, and they were all under fairly extreme conditions (sea state, fuel/gear loading, etc.).

I'll definitely post when I get some more time and some more common trip conditions.

Cheers!

I like your boat, a lot! I ordered the same boat with same power, still waiting on delivery. Your electronics look great, I'm still deciding what to buy for mine.

HC and SO...welcome to the 2510 owners corner. You guys have one great boat. I love the way Parker used a taller windshield so that you are not looking through the aluminum bar when you drive. I'm 6'2" so I see over the bar most of the time on the older model.

What kind of seat boxes did you order? I understand that the new boxes can double as a bait tank, live well, or an ice box. Any pics of these new fangled contraptions?

Dave

aka

Porkchunker, thanks.

It comes standard with a bait tank under the port chair, and a ice box under the starboard chair.

They're a good use of space I guess, since the tops double as rear facing seats with cushions. The bait tank is not something you'd want to be using in a frantic tuna bite nor would it hold enough, that's why I put the transom mounted tank on mine. The built in is no more than 20g. I would use it if I only needed a small amount of bait, or if I was carrying a lot of bait - both tanks (I rigged a bigger pump with valves so I can run both the transom and the built in).

The starboard storage box with drain works fine for drinks, but it would have been better if they had insulated it. I don't think it would keep the beer cold on a long day in a tropical climate, but I have not tested it yet.

The big plus is they both have huge overboard drains, nothing going to the bilge.

I included a few pics where you can see the inside and outside of these. If you want a more specific photo let me know.

Cheers

Attachments

• TN_PICT0006.JPG
    TN_PICT0006.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 596
  • TN_PICT0007.JPG
    TN_PICT0007.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 596
  • TN_PICT0008.jpg
    TN_PICT0008.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 596
Dave, That OEM tank looks like it would work well for spot or minnows.
Looks a little bit 'square' for bunker tho.

Back