New Parker owner here.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A-K

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all! Just wanted to drop in and introduce myself. I'm a brand new Parker owner, or will be very soon.

I live and fish in the northwest and wanted to upgrade to a Pilot House. I knew going into this that I DID NOT want an aluminum boat even though they are very popular in my area. After about 3 years of debating I finally pulled the trigger on a Parker 2320 SL.

I looked high and low doing extensive research on the internet, looking at lots of boats, and talking to a lot of people.

My choice came down to 3 brands and I chose Parker. Surprisingly, we don't see a lot of Parkers out here when compared to other brands.

I wanted the 2320 because it fits my budget and fishing needs. I typically fish 2-3 occasionally 4.

My boat is almost ready for pick up. Just working out a couple of details with the yard I bought her from.

It's powered with a 300, and I wanted the second station. Next up I want to get rocket launchers, radar, and a kicker. Here's a picture. Later-AK

Attachments

• IMG_0141-2.JPG
    IMG_0141-2.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 434
YA! I can't wait for round 2. Going to pick her up tomorrow. :D

shawnee83":3st27y8y said:
Welcome to CP and congratulations on your new 2320. I think with that 2nd station and the 300 you have the perfect base boat to work with. Enjoy!

A-K. Check out the northwest parker owners group on Facebook and call me if I can help with anything. I got a good stainless guy and know just about everyone else.

GHfishin":srmjy93g said:
A-K. Check out the northwest parker owners group on Facebook and call me if I can help with anything. I got a good stainless guy and know just about everyone else.
I'll check that out.

Thanks for the invite.

AK
Very good choice. I was watching on another site while guys were pushing another brand on you and good on you for making up your own mind.
I can tell you after 10 years of running my 2530 strictly out of Westport that it is as solid as the day I towed it off the lot.
I think you are going to love that thing with the 300.
Stop on by down on Float 5 and say hi this summer and you will see 3 or 4 Parkers parked there. Oh and there are plenty of us to give you #s if needed during the season.
Good luck with her.
Mark

mark":r7ku2iqk said:
AK
Very good choice. I was watching on another site while guys were pushing another brand on you and good on you for making up your own mind.
I can tell you after 10 years of running my 2530 strictly out of Westport that it is as solid as the day I towed it off the lot.
I think you are going to love that thing with the 300.
Stop on by down on Float 5 and say hi this summer and you will see 3 or 4 Parkers parked there. Oh and there are plenty of us to give you #s if needed during the season.
Good luck with her.
Mark

Thanks for the invite Mark.

And yes that thread I posted got kind of out of hand. I can say that I picked the best boat.

I'm out of commission with work for the moment. But plan to be up and running for a Halibut and bottom fishing trip at Sekiu/Neah Bay.

I plan to start hitting west port for Salmon and then my first tuna runs. I got a lot of work to do for tuna and never fished for them before. The boat needs rigging/gear. So I have a lot of "first's" in my future. Speaking of "first's" I haven't crossed the bar with me at the helm. So would like to buddy with someone to learn the ropes and all that.

I'll stop by and say hi.

AK

No problem AK.
I am sure you wont have a problem finding someone to follow out.
Good luck on the rigging, that in itself can get to be just as stressful as the boat thing.
Tight lines

There are a couple really good threads on here about bar crossing. That said there is no substitute for experience. Pick your days and don't be afraid to bail if the weather turns out to be worse than predicted. When you get ready to talk tuna call me and I will do what I can to help. I'm outfitting a new boat right now to so I understand that special kind of crazy too. This summer is going to be awesome!!

GHfishin":3sklzxgb said:
There are a couple really good threads on here about bar crossing. That said there is no substitute for experience. Pick your days and don't be afraid to bail if the weather turns out to be worse than predicted. When you get ready to talk tuna call me and I will do what I can to help. I'm outfitting a new boat right now to so I understand that special kind of crazy too. This summer is going to be awesome!!

This summer is going to be sick! I'll be in touch with you. I think you know Brian from Inside Passage. He spoke very highly of you.

Back