New Parkers are Rigged Through Bracket?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLWeaver

Reaction score
I've been seeing a new rigging style on new Parkers. Wires, hydraulic lines, throttle controls, etc. are being run down into the bracket then through the transom. Seems like a great way to fill your bracket up with water? The "old" way of running everything through the transom, well above the waterline, just made sense to me. Anyone else seeing this or have this? Thoughts?

I'd need to see it up close..... given the right components it can be sealed. It needs to be air tight to act as a good flotation chamber.

I suspect they did it for aesthetics?

I once owned a scarab CC that was rigged thru the bracket and it was terrible. but looking at the side view it almost looks like a rigging tube coming out of the bracket, I would imagine the tube goes thru the bracket

JLWeaver":3flmdj0o said:
http://www.daremarina.com/new_galleria.asp?pov=4581217

Finally had time to post a pic, I think...first time posting a pic on here. Hope it works. I've looked at several dealer sites here in the southeast and it appears all the newer model bracket boats are rigged this way.

Ha! That's a link to a set of pix's....... But it works. :)

Here is something I surely do not like.

The way the ladder is mounted..... We have accidentally left ours down. It just floats up and drags behind the boat..... That side entrance will have the ladder ripped off the boat..... Or more than likely bend the ladder so it can NOT be stowed away.

Seems that just a few models rig that way now but not clear to me exactly which as I'm seeing variations within models. The 2520XL uses traditional rigging through the transom.

I like Warthog5’s tagline “Just cause it’s new, doesn’t mean it’s worth a damn”. I have a 16 year old 21 SE that’s like a brick. You can’t break it, believe me I’ve tried.

It’s time for me to trade in and move up…looking at the 23 DVCC. This new rigging and the larger console aren’t my favorite model modifications. I’m going by the dealer this weekend to give it a closer look and, fingers crossed, get things started.

I was at the dealer today, he had (2) new 2520's both rigged through the bracket. Mine is due to arrive Monday. Dealer said that all 2016's are that way. Examining it, I don't see a way for water intrusion, it's sealed tight.

I posted a couple in the "New 2520" thread. Being delivered to me Saturday morning.

Back