New Power Head Yamaha F250XCA

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjd24

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The head gasket failed on my 2016 F250XCA. Had @ 700 hours on it. Performed every scheduled Maintenance item required on the engine (100 hour Service every year) plus flushing after each use. Bad Luck for me.
Yamaha mechanic cannot find a new power head. Does anyone know if there are any new power heads available in the US? Also, does anyone have any experience with rebuilt/remanufactured power heads. I really do not want to miss the Spring Stripers in NJ.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Last edited:
I don't have any info on powerhead availability, but a blown head gasket doesn't necessarily mean you need a new powerhead.

Why not just replace the head gasket? Is there other obvious damage? If not, I'd just replace the gasket and run it. At only 700 hrs, it should have plenty of life left in it.

Bummer. Sorry to hear that. Is it too far gone to bore or sleeve the bad cylinders? Since it's a v6, I'm assuming the damage is limited to one bank?

Please don't take it as any sort of a "dis" as I'm only asking for my own information - wonder if you observed milky oil or was there anything else that indicated the problem.
And thank you for sharing, I get lazy checking engine oil, really should be done every trip.

I actually heard a "pop", saw some smoke and oil dripped from under the cowling. Milky oil was observed dripping and afterwards on the dip stick.
The mechanic indicated that additional damage prevents the "fix" with a gasket replacement.

Back