New Proud Owner of CharlestonParker's 1801

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwgraves2

Reaction score
Hello to all...just wanted to introduce myself and family to you all and thank you for answering various questions in my search for the perfect boat for our
needs. It is a very useful thing that you all do here and I look forward to being a part of the online community.
Anyone up in the NC Mountain area, be sure to look me up...Hilton Head/Charleston for saltwater.
Also, anyone have any experience with the Humminbird Side Imaging stuff? Am considering springing for one! (Had previously categorized Hummin equip as suitable for freshwater only, but sure seems impressive tech.)

Thanks, WG

Attachments

• CIMG0079.JPG
    CIMG0079.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 675
Welcome aboard WG! :)

It's always great to keep a ClassicParker member boat as part of the family, while adding a new member owner to the family as well!

Congratulations! 8)

jwgraves2":37rmfsen said:
Also, anyone have any experience with the Humminbird Side Imaging stuff? Am considering springing for one! (Had previously categorized Hummin equip as suitable for freshwater only, but sure seems impressive tech.)

Welcome Aboard WG! Looks like the whole gang is looking ahead to a new season on a new Parker! Post Pictures! Lots of Pictures!

I can shed some light on the Humminbird depthfinder issue. I bought a 946C combo unit last year and ran it a whole season. AWESOME technology. No issues with performance. No breakaway of the bottom to WOT! The unit I have is not the true SideScanSonar unit, ( which is around ~$2000) but the less-expensive 3D unit (under $1000).

Here is a link to the project 946C Chartplotter

I know I raised a few eyebrows last year with my original post, but I'm not a brand-name snob. If something works, and is reliable, I don't care whose name is on it. 8)

Don't let the Humminbird name scare you off, it's not just freshwater-only technology. These are rugged units and they have decades of experience with this technology. It does -exactly- what they claim it will do, and it does it well! You get images that look exactly like the ones on their website and in the manual.

wall.jpg

I had a blast putting this unit in my Parker, and am looking forward to many more seasons exploring with it.

..John

John--
Thanks for feedback...I am going to spring for one in a month or two ready for the season. (Probably the 997, which is the reason to wait to save another month or two!)
Happy to hear you are pleased with it...will get over my Humminbird fears.

I'll keep you posted. wg

head to a boat show and check out the new Furuno NavNet 3d. supposed to be AMAZING, lightyears ahead of everything else. plus, read the names off the radomes on almost every commercial boat, theres a grand total of one, it starts with an F. cant argue with that. :wink:

keep us posted pelagic...so far the hummin looks to have the SI wrapped up for my needs--inshore lakes and nearshore sounds, rivers and nearshore wrecks (<100' in most cases)

do let us know though...

Back