New Seadek

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanc2

Reaction score
Not my boat, but saw it posted on Custom Castaway's Facebook page. CP member by chance? Looks awfully fancy for a Parker, but what are everyone's thoughts?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410389209.134709.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410389209.134709.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 707
I love SeaSek, am just really curious how well it stands up underfoot ... as it's one thing to lean against it or sit on it.

The SeaDek product you see in the photo posted is their Teak Immitation, this type of Seadek has grooves which are made by Brushing the product with a roller that has thousands of needles and as the EVA foam is passed thru the roller,it creates fine grooves, then it is routed every 2 or 3 inches to give it the look of teak planks, I would not want this product on my deck if I was a hardcore fisherman as the blood will get in the grooves and then it will be very hard to remove.

I know this product very well as I developed an exact same product to compete with Seadek which is sold under the brand name of Reflex which in turn is sold to boat manufacturers the likes of Monterey and other Ski type boats made in Georgia/Tenn.

I had it on my Parker as coaming pads and they held up very nice, however they are stiff for coaming pads, on my new boat I have placed them under the gunnels to keep rods/reels from scratching sides in two color 5 MM thickness with name engraved in center, looks realy sharp and works well for intended purpose.

Robert

I've got the helm pad and a small pad on top of the console. I'd like it under the gunnels to protect reels as well. I bet a pissed off stuck 50+ lb cobia wouldn't do that seadek on the floor any justice.

here are pics of it under the gunnel of my old Hewes and new Albury

Attachments

• Hewes.jpg
    Hewes.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 575
  • Albury.jpg
    Albury.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 573
The deck would feel great on bare feet and a nice summer day, but my first thought was how in the world does Flounder poo come off of that ?

I still haven't put gunnel knee pads on yet. Would you use the standard vinyl over foam or sea dec like product ?

POGE,
I had the gunnel coaming pads on my 2300 DVCC made of Seadek, they were hard, looked really nice, cleaned up good, the vinyl ones with foam looked horrible after about 2 years and began to sag.if you get Seadek, get the one with the Dots and beveled edges.

POGE,
Here is a picture of the Seadek Coaming pads, these were made all the way to the front raised deck in Sand Color which matches the beige Parker Gelcoat very well, the pads are made using two pieces of 10 MM thick glued together to make 20 MM thick pads ( a Little less than 1" ), you could do 2 colors for example Black bottom with the Sand top, then when edges are beveled the black will show around the edge, you can see different ideas on their web page.

Attachments

• gunnel.jpg
    gunnel.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 436
Back