new to Parkers...Question on Mod V or Deep V hulls

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a side note I had called the Parker factory a few weeks back with some questions and didn't receive a call back...much to my surprise I did receive a call back today....from Linwood Parker himself.... not for nothing but I though that was pretty cool...He spent about a half hour on the phone with me and confirmed that my thought process on going with the mod v was correct...Deposit is on the boat pending sea trial....

Welcome and congrats! I have a 2012 2510WA with the deep V (21 degree). Same hull as yours. I really suggest you sea trial the boat with your deposit. And that way you know for sure. The DV isn't really that deep, especially with such a wide beam. It's still a very, very stable fishing platform first and foremost. I appreciate the DV even in a mild chop. My friend has the same boat in the XL version and it pounds more. But I do push mine with twin 150s whereas he has a single.

Sea Trial in 2 weeks ... The 2520 XL has the mod v and is running a single 300.... I'm really interested to see how she runs...according to Linwood Parker himself they will both handle anything you throw at them however the speed at which you do so is more the determining factor as far as what kind of abuse you take...can't wait...

I have a 2003 2520 XL (16 degree MV). I put a 300 E-tec on it, and have no complaints. Tab the bow down a little into a heading sea, that's about it. I go where the fish are, have the provisions on board to do so safely, and have always felt safe on the boat.

If you haven't driven a Parker Sport cabin it is a bit different as you are pretty far forward at the helm. Also my boat is definitely bow heavy with a single outboard, for example: I never have water in the rear bilge, only the front. The end result is that the pivot point is different when navigating in tight quarters (docking, etc..). Not difficult, just different than my last boat which was a center console of the same length.

Back