New to site 1990 2520 ph

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rozi2520

Reaction score
Hello my name is Matt just joined the site. I have a 1990 2520 pilothouse mod v with a mercruiser 350 mpi horizon with a bravo 2 outdrive. I have owned the boat for a little over a year and it is my pride and joy. The engine only has 300 hours on the Repower.

The problem is the 120 gallon fuel tank is original. The tank looks in good shape on the top side. When I installed the mid deck 48 gallon bait tank and cut the hole in the deck the tank looked brand new and deck was solid. But I need more range out of this boat. Right now I am making it about 200 miles on roughly a 105 gallons of fuel. I feel like the tank is a waiting time bomb. What are some thoughts?

Here is what I am thinking, ditching the fuel tank motor and out drive. Think of putting in a mercury 3.0l tdi 270hp diesel and use my existing bravo 2 outdrive, install new auto pilot, and 200 gallon fuel tank. Does anyone have any experience with 3.0l tdi engine?Thoughts and ideas are greatly appreciated![emoji1690]
8c4a7947a34154fffe5902d9cd42534c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When the tank is full , is there any odor or leakage.

Has the fuel sender gasket been replaced?

Does it have one or more fuel tanks?

Pull up the the deck hatch, look for tank data plate for fuel capacity.
Contact the tank company for drawings?

Any water in the gas? Are you using fuel and water fuel filter?

Has the fuel fill O ring been replaced?

Trim tabs installed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The boat is solid. I installed the bait tank a couple months ago. I have a picture of the name plate. The tank has all new hoses and clamps when I purchased the boat a year ago. They replaced all of that when they installed the new mercruiser.
f39170b2ce9b4217e3a340ef23cbb9cc.jpg

And no there is no fuel odor or color in the bilges. It’s not leaking yet. The name plate on the tank says it’s a 120 gallon tank. But the tank is 30 years old.
f0e48e7462a969d94085a30118d0fde3.jpg

Back