new transom scuppers and garmin wire

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSW

Reaction score
Hi,
I decided to re bed everything on the transom of my 1997 2110. After reading about others replacing their scuppers after 20 years i figured it was time. I also fixed the way the Garmin transducer wire was run.

New brass scuppers. New scupper flaps. Took out and re bedded the stern plug. Took off the Garmin Transducer and re bedded the mount and wire tie downs. Its been a late start this year and the boats been out of the water for 10 months and all the holes were dry on the inside. Used penetrating epoxy in all the holes and bedded the hardware with 4200.

The Garmin transducer wire was run though the brass cockpit scupper and when I got the boat the previous install had just cut the rubber flap to make room for the wire. Not a great solution but better then another hole in the transom. When I took off the transducer mount there was one unused hole that needed filled with epoxy.

Attachments

• old scupper.jpg
    old scupper.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 233
Here's transducer mount holes after I first filled them with epoxy. The middle top one was not being used and needed sealing.

Attachments

• transom mounting.jpg
    transom mounting.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 230
Here's the new way for the wire to run on a trail fit. I made a nylon backing plate for the scupper and cut out a path for the wire, so the scupper flap could close like it's supposed to.

Attachments

• trial fit.jpg
    trial fit.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 229
And here it is finished. Wire out the side, water out the scupper.

Attachments

• new scupper done.jpg
    new scupper done.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 229
Hi,
The wire runs inside the brass scupper to the aft deck, and right there is all the engine wires and hoses. So the it's a short distance to run the Garmin wire in the plastic 'gasket' with all the other rigging, and then fish it amidships to the helm.

Back