New windlass recommendation

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amarino

Reaction score
My friends girlfriend wants to replace his broken windlass with a new one. It’s a 2520 XLD, Any recommendations ?
btw…old one is fried not worth to fix
thank you

My friends girlfriend wants to replace his broken windlass with a new one. It’s a 2520 XLD, Any recommendations ?
btw…old one is fried not worth to fix
thank you
The Lewmar Profish 700 is a popular choice; comes standard on a lot of Parkers. Many also like the EZ Anchor 'drum-style', (looks like a hose reel) where everything (anchor rode, chain, drum) is above deck.
There are pros and cons to both. The Lewmar takes up less space on the bow; The EZ seems to be a bit more 'simplistic' but takes up more space on deck...

1651771901936.png

1651771766128.png

The Lewmar Profish 700 is a popular choice; comes standard on a lot of Parkers. Many also like the EZ Anchor 'drum-style', (looks like a hose reel) where everything (anchor rode, chain, drum) is above deck.
There are pros and cons to both. The Lewmar takes up less space on the bow; The EZ seems to be a bit more 'simplistic' but takes up more space on deck...

View attachment 32917

View attachment 32916
Thank you , I will probaby tell her the lewmar
I think that’s the brand he has there now
much obliged sir

When installing a new Lewmar....add the Remote control.....It's worth the $ and IF the rode gets a tangle....You can work it right at the tangle.

Proper rode setup is imparitive to make it work correctly.

When installing a new Lewmar....add the Remote control.....It's worth the $ and IF the rode gets a tangle....You can work it right at the tangle.

Proper rode setup is imparitive to make it work correctly.
I didn’t know it had an option for remote control? When you say remote control, what are you referring to? Like a lanyard around your neck like. Spot lock feature trolling motor

Thanks for th shoutout Andy,

Amarino, please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions! Our units don't depend on cleats and don't jam like a traditional windlass can. They are also compact enough to fit below-deck if that is a concern. We've been around for 30 years and are the #1 windlass replacement for OEMs in the country. Additionally, we provide a 7+ life warranty on our units: the longest in the industry.

Check out the video at this link for more research: everything about the Patriot series in a minute or less we do offer wireless remotes as well. I've chosen this series because it is the most typical for Parker boats:

https://www.ezanchorpuller.com/coll...forum&utm_medium=click&utm_campaign=forumhelp
Feel free to DM or email with additional questions at [email protected].

Thanks for th shoutout Andy,

Amarino, please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions! Our units don't depend on cleats and don't jam like a traditional windlass can. They are also compact enough to fit below-deck if that is a concern. We've been around for 30 years and are the #1 windlass replacement for OEMs in the country. Additionally, we provide a 7+ life warranty on our units: the longest in the industry.

Check out the video at this link for more research: everything about the Patriot series in a minute or less we do offer wireless remotes as well. I've chosen this series because it is the most typical for Parker boats:

https://www.ezanchorpuller.com/coll...forum&utm_medium=click&utm_campaign=forumhelp
Feel free to DM or email with additional questions at [email protected].
If I was starting from scratch, I would go with the EZ Anchor Puller drum-style, for the following reason. Our 2520 XLD came with the Lewmar 700. I have not been dissatisfied with how it works. I have in issue with how it is installed. The Lewmar installation requires a Hole!... a BIG hole, an un-sealable, big HOLE, in the bow of the boat, which is a constant source of water-intrusion into the "un-drained' anchor rode locker. Yes, the water that constantly enters the hole under the Lewmar, does eventually 'drain', after running all the way through the entire length of the boat (does this make sense to anyone?) to the aft bilge, where the water might get pumped out, (if the aft bilge gets enough water to activate the bilge-pump and switch, that sits too high off the floor), and if all the water makes it there without clogging and collecting somewhere else in the 'nether-regions' of the bilges! And while all this water is flowing through the boat, soaking everything and anything in its path, fueling mold and mildew through out the boat (yeah, I have ranted about this in the past), and will continue to do so until Parker wakes up, raises the floor of the anchor-rode locker a few inches, and drains the water out the bow, like other reputable boat manufacturers.... None of this is an issue with the EZ... everything is above the deck. The only thing I would do differently with the EZ, is I'd have a cover made to keep the sunlight off the anchor rode, to protect it when the boat is not in use....

https://www.lewmar.com/sites/defaul...ure/Manual_3 and 5 button wiring diagrams.pdf
I don't install a windless without installing the contractor......It's extra and makes a Much neater and safer install.

https://www.lewmar.com/node/11506?v=24892
https://www.lewmar.com/node/11656

With a wireless remote......I can drop anchor and backdown to the beach....Shut down and trim engine up. Set a short stern anchor on the beach and adjust the boat with the Remote & windless.

Why?
Because now your not sanding on the gellcoat with the boat beached....You can step off the stern of the boat into knee deep water....Much easier life.

When ready to leave.....haul in stern anchor......engage windless to get boat into deeper water....trim engine down and start it. Finish retrieving anchor with windless.

Last edited:
I went with a Good Windless. It's a great fast free fall operation style windless. They have been around for a very long time and make a great product. Personally I think their name should be Best Automatic Windless because they are the best one I've every had and dealt with. Plus they are local to my area and did a top notch install.

GOOD Automatic Windlass, Inc.
357 Route 72
Barnegat, New Jersey 08005
Phone: 609-698-4402

Attachments

• IMG_2362.jpg
    IMG_2362.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 48
I like my Lewmar but it’s not super heavy duty. Need to cleat off or it will warp, and then no more free fall. Rebuilt mine last season.

Go with a drum style or a Good, as others have already mentioned. Drum is simpler but won’t win a beauty contest.

I like my Lewmar but it’s not super heavy duty. Need to cleat off or it will warp, and then no more free fall. Rebuilt mine last season.

Go with a drum style or a Good, as others have already mentioned. Drum is simpler but won’t win a beauty contest.
Some folks agree it's not real 'pretty' but to me it looks good on a classic-traditional-designed boat like a Parker.... and it solves a lot of the water-intrusion issues with the Lewmar....

Another shout-out for the E-Z Anchor Puller.

You know when you spend money on new stuff for your boat and you have buyer's remorse or you think the upgrade was of marginal benefit. Well this purchase was the exact opposite of that. I can't think of a single item I've bought for my boat that has given me as much pleasure and satisfaction as my E-Z Anchor Puller. I use it at least once a week during daylight savings time and I smile every time I use it! Never need a person on the bow.

I had the hole in the deck going down to the chain locker permanently sealed and gel coated. Nothing wet going into the boat.

Attachments

• spike_burgee_05_1200px.jpg
    spike_burgee_05_1200px.jpg
    652.3 KB · Views: 40
E-Z anchor puller ! I might drop 20 times in a day, its a great thing to have..
This is my second one, no regrets..

Back