Newbie with Parker question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAYTRIPPER

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and am considering my first Parker purchase: the 2500 SE center console. I'll be fishing the gulf out of Tampa Bay and would like to hear from owners of this model about it's stability.
Is it tender while adrift or anchored, or does it handles the swells easily without a lot of pitching and snap roll?
Also, does anyone have any photos of the helm layout they can post? The Parker website doesn't show a clear view of the helm.

Thanks to all.

I saw the photos - she's a beauty. I didn't see the usual row of switches that most boats have though; you typically see them in hard to reach areas, like under the steering wheel. I think I only saw switches for the trim tabs - aren't there others on the helm somewhere?

My 23 SE is a very stable platform. The flip side to that is that it does not cut the waves as well as a deeper-V hull. However, I did travel at 28 mph through 1-2 foot Chesapeake Bay chop and at 23 mph through heavier chop up to 3 ' last Thurs as I drove the boat to the marina for winter storage. The ride was pretty dry and not too harsh under those conditions (thank goodness for trim tabs).

The attached photo shows my helm. The switches are located behind the smoke-colored sliding panel underneath the throttle. I rarely go in there, but they are easy to get to.

I keep a vhf radio and a combination GPS/fishfinder unit (with a 10.5" screen) plus lots of other junk inside the roomy electronics box.

Attachments

• Resize of Rotation of IMGP1393.JPG
    Resize of Rotation of IMGP1393.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 1,158
DAYTRIPPER":1wzxk9eu said:
I'll be fishing the gulf out of Tampa Bayall.

Welcome. Hopefully you will get your boat and up and rigged in time to attend the First Florida Regional Rendesvouz in the Keys, in March!!

The hull on the 25SE is the same one used for the 2510WA and the 2520SC.
25'4" in length with a 9'6" beam and a 16 degree deadrise.
http://www.parkerboats.net/pages/boat_lineup/index.jsp

I own the older 14 degree modified vee hull and I can tell you that she is not tender on the drift and she also trolls and tracks well.
Trim tabs are a must... 24x9 Bennetts are the minimum recommended by most 25 owners here.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for all the great information. I'm looking forward to my first demo.

I bought this model late last season. I didn't do much offshore fishing with it yet. It is one hell of a fishing platform with the beam. It's ride is good. It does pound a little. Not as bad with the factory trim tabs. It is a heavy boat. I have been stopped many times and questioned about it. It is very economical to run. I have a single yamaha 250 4 stroke. It burns 9.0 gallons at 3900 rpm and cruises at 30mph. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. I am very happy with the boat.

Welcome aboard ClassicParker Voyager!

VoyagerStarship.jpg

Sorry... I just had to do that. I'm a fan of the show. :)

Back