Nice finding this today after a cold night.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geeezzz, sorry to see this. I had an nearly identical broken boat window in the early 1980's. It was difficult and expensive getting a safety-glass replacement. Mine was caused by a thrown stone. Do you think this was caused by just the cold weather?
Maybe it had a nick from a rock and the frost followed by sun caused it to break. I went hunting the morning of and had to grab a couple things off the boat at 5am. When we came back at 10 it was broke. I can’t imagine anyone would have broken it here. Im not sure what the course to fix it but I would think expensive will be a word used in the conversation.

Maybe it had a nick from a rock and the frost followed by sun caused it to break. I went hunting the morning of and had to grab a couple things off the boat at 5am. When we came back at 10 it was broke. I can’t imagine anyone would have broken it here. Im not sure what the course to fix it but I would think expensive will be a word used in the conversation.
Here's what we had to do when ours was broken in the early 1980's, (around 40 years ago). I don't remember all the exact details, but I DO remember that I was not able to get replacement glass from the boat company, nor from the boat window company. I had to order the glass through a local glass company. They told me to make an 'exact' template, (it's 'special/custom order' so I would own it! )... then they ordered the glass through one of their vendors, as they could not 'cut/make' tempered safety glass in their shop. When it came in, it did NOT fit. I had failed to notate the 'Thickness' of the glass!, and what they made was too thick. It would not fit in the window channel, using the original rubber 'U-channel' for the glass. I had to order another piece of glass. It was an expensive lesson! (But one that I deserved)...
I mentioned in my first reply, that "Mine was caused by a thrown stone". We parked the boat in our gravel driveway. A stray cat was constantly climbing up and laying on the top of the canvas Bimini top that attached to the windshield. I would always shoo it away...., and it would always come back. One afternoon the cat was back, and in a fit of anger, I reached down into the driveway, grabbed a handful of gravel and tossed it at the cat. I missed the cat. I hit the windshield. Instant Karma! I got what I deserved☺ True story.

Last edited:
I had a similar thing happen last year but mine was a wing window. I never could find a definite reason how it happened. My best guess was that water had gotten in to the channel and froze. I used the other window as a template which ended up getting broken also ( we won’t talk about that ) No one in this area could help me so I ended up using plexiglass as a temporary measure and it’s still there . My biggest problem was that no one wanted to cut the hole for the handle.

Wow !..eisenglass looks like it took a hit too ??..odd !..climb up to bow see if any dents in front window trim ??looks like screws top & bottom ?..pull side rails & top , bottom rail prob stays sealed to console..as always easier said then done..

Wow !..eisenglass looks like it took a hit too ??..odd !..climb up to bow see if any dents in front window trim ??looks like screws top & bottom ?..pull side rails & top , bottom rail prob stays sealed to console..as always easier said then done..
Just noticed the eisenglass after reading your reply. I will check that out a little closer, haven’t fooled with it since it broke. I did call a Parker dealer near me and they are checking on getting me a piece of glass.

Back