nice Sou-wester

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.A. Veil

Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon I left work early and headed out the South River to a well-known local landmark, the Thomas Point Lighthouse, for some light tackle casting. The TPL is the last remaining Chesapeake screwpile light house in active use.

But this post is about a sweet boat, not the lighthouse. Most of the way out the river, I saw another center console boat moving at the same speed as me but several hunded yards away. I do not recall seeing that boat before and did not even know what make and model it was. My brother and I began fishing at the lighthouse, then a few minutes later, the other boat showed up. We drifted on one side while the other boat anchored next to the lighthouse for some livelining. From a distance I could not tell what decal on the rear of his boat said, but later I looked closely at the decal and saw that it said Sou'Wester on the lower line and Parker on the top line.

I drove over next to the other boat and asked the captain if he visited ClassicParker. He said no, so I handed him a ClassicParker coozie and introduced myself. I think he said his name was Joe O'Neil. He told me he had owned the boat for 10 years. I don't know the original year or model number, but it looked well cared for.

A few minutes after that, a third Parker, a 21SE, pulled up at the lighthouse to fish. It was great having an all-Parker fleet for a while.

Attachments

• Resize of 2007-09-14 003.JPG
    Resize of 2007-09-14 003.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 485
8) Nice pic. Looks like a 23?

Here's some Parker trivia: Older Parkers like your pic have a different detail on the deck cap. Looking at the cap, just above the black rubber rub rail, modern Parkers have a "step" in the cap. Older Parkers' cap is straight up from rub rail.

John... That photo is worthy of a Parker Marine Ent. brochure! :D

Lets hope the owner logs in and tells us more about that sweet ride.
Is that an HPDI or a 4-stroke on the stern?

FWIW... Thomas Point Light (known as TPL in these parts) is easilly the most photographed lighthouse in the Chesapeake (maybe even the world) and can only be reached by boat.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=tplm2

Great photo! :wink:

Back