no pulpit on 2120?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcv

Reaction score
How many of you bought your 2120sc without the pulpit? I am looking at a used 2120 and it doesn't have one. Is there enough room in the anchor locker to stow the anchor and a reasonable length of anchor line?

What is the cost to add the pulpit later?

Thanks

just get an anchor roller. It will be less expensive than getting a whole fiberglass pulpit. The fiberglass pulpist are nice though

Attachments

• bow.jpg
    bow.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 725
Ahhh... that's perfect. Thanks.

I won't let the lack of a pulpit be a deciding factor if I find the right boat.

Hello all i have a 2120 with no pulpit and was thinking of getting one as well then i seen the roller like in the picture and that looks great i just still like the pulpit with the windless but they get very pricey for a nice one so if i keep boat for next season i might do the roller as well.I have seen 2120 with windless they look good but certain marinas charge you for it,i think that is nutz they say yes its a 21 foot boat but with that windless it 23foot ruff they say!!!Not that the marina i am in does that but i have heard from other!!!

They are charging for the pulpit not the windlass,with the pulpit they will say it now measures like a 23' er.
I like the way my 2120 looks with the higher rail an bow pulpit,the higher rail is alot safer in my eyes as well.

The roller idea instrests me but I am lacking the access at the bow for the anchor rode. I believe it is call a hawse or in other terms a hole with a stainless steel cover that your anchor line can feed down into so it stores in the front anchor locker. Has anyone installed a hawse into thier bow? If so I would like to know the process.

Parkerman":sm5al7g3 said:
The roller idea instrests me but I am lacking the access at the bow for the anchor rode. I believe it is call a hawse or in other terms a hole with a stainless steel cover that your anchor line can feed down into so it stores in the front anchor locker. Has anyone installed a hawse into thier bow? If so I would like to know the process.
You can see one just to the right of the custom pulpit I made, in this bow shot of my boat after customizing it extensively from the 'empty' hull I bought without power.

Rockport-Top-M.jpg

2358760_f.jpg

To put one in:
* Determine location - place on deck and using a smaller line, mimic or 'pretend' you're accessing the anchor locker ... everything seem OK where it is?
* Not too close to other deck hardware? Mine is ... but in all honesty, it was already there, I didn't install it. But I did remove it, as the previous owner or dealer or factory never sealed the exposed wood core on the bow deck
* Then check, recheck, and check the spot again
* Sit down and have a beer. Recheck. Make SURE to check 'from below' ... so you don't run into any access issues ...
* Mask off deck with 3M blue tape
* Trace outline for hole required
* Drill 1/8" inside of line so when you go through with a 3/8" bit, the edge of this drilled hole will allow you to cut around with a jigsaw
* Use jigsaw with NEW downward cutting laminate blade, cuts on the downstroke, leaves no chips
* Go slow and let the tool cut, do not force it
* In spots (centerpiece for windlass install) the deck there can be up to 2" thick, see below
* Sand edge and wet-out using waterproof 2-part epoxy, if even the 5-minute kind, just use waterproof
* Let dry and sit back and have another beer
* Mark holes for chain cap
* Drill a tap-drill a tad oversize into the deck where marked for fastener holes and then weep/drip some 5-minute epoxy in, let cure - go do something else
* Go back in with a drill bit SMALLER than the screw you will use
* Apply bead of Boat-Life LifeCaulk or LifeSeal to deckcap pipe and put in place
* Apply goop to screws and install but NOT tight, clean up rest of goop
* Let cure 4-8 hours, go back and tighten the screws
* Open 3rd beer ... you're done

Layup2.JPG

For those really inclined ... here's a DIY 'How To' article for making a full anchor locker, http://www.practical-sailor.com/marine/anchorlocker.pdf

Back