North Coast Boats

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard of North Coast, but I'm afraid I don't know anything about them.
Looks good in the photo tho. :)

Had a Northcoast 20CC for 7 years.The 19 and 20 were based on a very popular local boat called a Lema designed by Dick Lema who also did the Rampage,Bonita and a few other nice boats.Joe at C&C in Bristol makes a very nice boat-heavy,solid,and simple.There is not the most interior finish and little advertising so they compare very favorably price wise.My 20' was 10 degree but had a huge deep vee foot in the front and good use of the trim tabs gave a decent ride but obviously the sharper vee is going to be smoother.I know the 23 was basically a stretched 20 but I am not sure if the 21 is a new design.The 23 hardtop is a beautiful boat but I realize that wasn't your question.If the 21 is based on the 20 then I think you would find it to be very good with that 18 degree choice.

I looked at North Coast too These were my areas:
check the bracket to see if it is the larger bracket with more floatation in a larger air pocket and incorpoarated plattform. Some older models had the skinny bracket.
Check power option, that gives them a price point help.
I see the NC 23 at about $49,000, whats another few grand? not even close to being the same boat as a 23 Parker DV or SE
Live well was small
On dead rise, thats your choice for your style of fishing/boating
NC resale value
Why not price out a 23 Parker SE or DV with different power options?

Since he is looking to sell a 23SE it is fairly unlikely that buying a 23SE is the solution.Since he is looking for a HT a 2510 is probably not going to be a perfect match.FYI-the NC resale value was excellent( 80% +) at least here in NE where people know Lemas and Northcoast.The power spec'd on the home page should be plenty-I had a 200 Opti with about 400# less hull weight and it was way more than needed.
Contact the Bristol office and see if there is a dealer near you who can get you out on one.

I looked at them before I bought my 2120, their fit an finish was horrible. I would bet after a couple of seasons they would have alot of issues

4 words for ya.
Foam
Cored
Composit
Stringers.

Says a lot about the way a boat is built.
MJ.

Yep....they lol must me great boats, they have a following SOME WHERE...... I went to see one today just got back 5 min ago ..i c why the r cheaper .......they should be there aint much in em ......!!!! i suggest you keep on looking..... for you own benifit....

Maybe a steiger, shamrock, or a new used PARKER!!

Hopefully you r gonna make a test ride the ultimate decision maker...

ReelyNauti":1xtaulw6 said:
Yep....they lol must me great boats, they have a following SOME WHERE...... I went to see one today just got back 5 min ago ..i c why the r cheaper .......they should be there aint much in em ......!!!! i suggest you keep on looking..... for you own benifit....

You just happened to go 5 minutes ago-wow that is really fortunate that you could save foggy there.And the other guy managed to come up with 4 words and even spelled three of them correctly!
Is the sole purpose of the forum to back slap and yell "you da man" "no-you da man"?
I have a Parker and I like it.Parker (and designs it was stolen from) are not the only "worthy" boats on the market.Wood cored ,while easier to spell,is not exactly cutting edge technology.You do a disservice to posters when you throw up pablum instead of giving useful critical information.

Im home /off foe the next week while we wait for my first son to be born, so no fishing for me , took off work so its the waiting game ....i live i an area with over 100 boat dealers im 2 miles from the ocean!!! on long island there I can walk to 3 dealers from my home....

THE boat is poorly crafted as stated by another posted there are 3 of these boats 4 sale in the lindenhurst/amityville area boat yards.....

i still have my old seaswirl striper listed and placed at a broker/boat yard.........THATS WHY i just "happened to be at a boat yard.....

I'll try to spell/type better next time ...........wow...lol as far as the North coast t is what is is ,.....A boat (boat stands for )
B (break)
O (out)
A (another)
T (thousand)

or in the case of the North Coast save a few and spend a lot later, because in MY OPINION...it is a CHEAP BOAT...oh and that if not a fact , just my opinion after seeing/walking on one (no i didnt test it)

Ill be off the next two weeks to hang with my new son/fishing buddy looking at boats and dreaming of my next purchase , first sell the old striper, then put two more years on the 2820 then im gonna build my own custom downeast 14' beam,36-42' with twin turbo diesel's tuna tower three stations , 33 rod holders ............

Seems someone need do do a little home work or call linwood himself,

Oh so the early beginnings of mass produced "Corporate" mfg. boats go to Grady White who started producing in wood in 59 and crossed over in 68'.....
Linwood was making boats out of glass in the late 60's /early 70's so who did he steal from?????

Look at a Parker it's unique...........and a history of longevity and quality.........

Elysium":34ug5j8p said:
ReelyNauti":34ug5j8p said:

You just happened to go 5 minutes ago-wow that is really fortunate that you could save foggy there.And the other guy managed to come up with 4 words and even spelled three of them correctly!
Is the sole purpose of the forum to back slap and yell "you da man" "no-you da man"?
I have a Parker and I like it.Parker (and designs it was stolen from) are not the only "worthy" boats on the market.Wood cored ,while easier to spell,is not exactly cutting edge technology.You do a disservice to posters when you throw up pablum instead of giving useful critical information.
Sorry,I didnt know I was in a Spelling Bee.....thought I was on a Boat Site.

I've owned a
Foam
Filled
Composite stringer system boat,and quite frankly it S*^&ed!
This boat was a 2004 so I think I gave "the technology" a shot.
The boat would pound the livin daylights out of you,and when I crawled under it to inspect it there were spider cracks everywhere.I dropped that boat like a bad habit.

I'm on my 5th boat w/19 years of boating in the Northern Channel Islands,so it's not like I beat the heck out of the thing,or not know what I'm doing out here,it just plain starting coming apart at the seams.

The other boats I owned were wood cored,and I never had a problem w/them,and the Skipjack I owned was a 73.

Also I wasn't throwing up pablum,I was simply stating MY observations about boat construction.Plain and simple.I have yet to see or ride on a production built, foam filled COMPOSITE stringer hull that was worth beans.I consider that usefull infomation.

You are right.Parkers are not the only great boats out there.

They just happen to be the ones I like for what I do when I'm on the water.

MJ.

I appreciate feedback that is based on users experience and observations.Seeing criticism that is supported by that experience seems a lot more useful (at least to me) than platitudes and generalizations.It came across as one other person with useful feedback based on actual experience with the maker and the rest as rah rah comments even to the point of telling the guy to buy what he said he was selling!?!
As to the design issue, I was told by a previous Steiger dealer that Parker had worked for Steiger at one point and lifted the pilothouse design from Steiger.I have no knowledge of that personally so perhaps I shouldn't have repeated what is essentially a rumor I guess.I do know for a fact that there was a company in Rockland Mass who did have some success with foam cored fiberglass construction in the late 1950's as well as through the 1960's and beyond and also did pretty well with a center console design.
Again,I do have a 2520 and truly like the boat.My goal was not to piss off the entire board or to question peoples opinions.

Latest posts

Back