North Shore of Boston on fire!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave-j

Reaction score
Stripers are in, macks are around still, despite bluefish showing up, and the fishing is great!

Attachments

• photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 345
I'm jealous. Maybe after I retire I'll get the opportunity to take advantage of your summertime fishery. It would be nice to get the larger stripers without rain/snow and ice!

Nice job.

Steve

Steve,

A buddy of mine fishes out of the Baltimore area. He comes up here every summer for a weekend of fishing for EXACTLY that reason!!

After getting a huge livewell full of live mackerel in minutes this morning, I boated > 21 good sized stripers, smallest 32"'and biggest 44-46" ...

All but one for the grill, caught & released w/ circle hooks.

Okay, seriously not to boast, just to illustrate the conditions we are having, this weekend went out three times and each time boated about thirty of these guys. Only a few under the 28' legal size. Used all of our live macks and then went to the dead macks. Made no difference!! When used up we went home, usually after an hour and a half or so. It is SO GREAT to see the striper population so healthy. Kept one each day and sent the rest back to breed! as Dale says, circle hooks are key.

Attachments

• smaller version.jpg
    smaller version.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 202
Dale,

What size / type of circle hooks do you like?

I was using Gamakatsu (8/0 I think) Octopus hooks this weekend and wasn't happy with results.

I've got to find some larger in-line circle hooks to try.

-- Tom

Fishing has been great on the north shore this season! Nothing better than live-lining a Mac around the rock piles :D

Attachments

• Striper.jpg
    Striper.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 189
TomS":6nmno7jm said:
I was using Gamakatsu (8/0 I think) Octopus hooks this weekend and wasn't happy with results.

I've got to find some larger in-line circle hooks to try.
I use Eagle Claw in-line lazer sharps, 5/0 IIRC.

Back