Not a Parker.........It's a Steiger Craft!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Joe,

I must say you have applied your great attend to detail from dentistry to your boat projects. The pics and the work are very meticulous. Did you do the electrical for the motors yourself?
Impressive.

Perhaps you could lend your 5200 sticky fingers or expertise to my trim tab install project.
Did you put tabs on your old Parker?
How do you get access to the inside of the transom?

You could also put something on my post big guy!

Nice pic with your little one!

Take care amigo.

I was looking at the Steiger because of their huge beam but there are none on the West coast.

But I do love my new Parker!

Attachments

• pic.PNG
    pic.PNG
    110.2 KB · Views: 1,325
Pescadorrr":11mf326s said:
Hey Joe,

I must say you have applied your great attend to detail from dentistry to your boat projects. The pics and the work are very meticulous. Did you do the electrical for the motors yourself?
Impressive.

Perhaps you could lend your 5200 sticky fingers or expertise to my trim tab install project.
Did you put tabs on your old Parker?
How do you get access to the inside of the transom?

You could also put something on my post big guy!

Nice pic with your little one!

Take care amigo.
Thanks for the compliments Tim!
I had the motor rigged by the Specialty Marine in Oxnard.

I left the factory trim tabs on my Parker. I had an actuator go bad on one of the tab motors and the access was tough. In fact, I don't think I ever repaired the thing. The guy who bought my boat was given the parts and I let him handle it. :)

Sweet center console!

I noticed your going with the Bennetts.... My Parker had Lenco as does my Steiger.

The only advice I can give you is to make sure you protect the wood in the transom with something like Smith's Penetrating epoxy or West Systems. I think Dale has a link to an epoxy contact that is inexpensive.

Also, I like the auto retract feature. I have that feature on my Steiger. It's handy!

Lookin' good, Joe. Very interested to hear the list of pro's and cons and to have a ride on her one of these days (now that the wind finally stopped blowing). I spend a lot of time defending the Parker honor amongst all the Radon bigots around here (most don't realize that Parkers are actually made of wood!). I'm sure you'll get nothing but grief with your Steiger. :D

SBH2OMan":1a320kjf said:
Lookin' good, Joe. Very interested to hear the list of pro's and cons and to have a ride on her one of these days (now that the wind finally stopped blowing). I spend a lot of time defending the Parker honor amongst all the Radon bigots around here (most don't realize that Parkers are actually made of wood!). I'm sure you'll get nothing but grief with your Steiger. :D

Hi Brent

You can hop aboard any time.
I guess the advantages of no wood is no potential for rot. And light weight. However, the hard top is constructed of balsa, the transom is wood, as is the pulpit.
The boat is crazy fast in flat conditions. Don't have exact numbers as I haven't opened her up since the electronics have been in.
Hoping to go out this Friday, weather permitting.

I love the Radons, but frankly, I loved my Parker more!

Back