Noticed some transom Cracks on 04 21se and looking to upsize motor...any info to help?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gsully23

Reaction score
So this boat was a trade in at my dealership...I got a heck of a deal with trailer. It really just needed updated electronics and hydraulic steering. It has a 150, which I would like to upgrade to a 200 or 225vmax. My yami 150 runs flawless and I've out over 400 hours on it but I would enjoy the extra hp and possibly a jackplate...I plan on moving to south Florida soon. I have some small fractures in my transom and would like to reinforce it. My dew meter shows the transom is dry but if I'm going to get into it I'd like to reinforce. I'd like to plan a 200 v6 vmax 4.2. Maybe even a 225, but I would like to reiterate force the upper transom since i already have some small cracking. Has anyone else done this? I met someone at the ramp today that had an etec 150 and his top mount was twice as thick as mine? Luckily I found my moisture meter to see i don't have intrusion.....should just be grind, glass, and gel which isn't a big deal. It's rated for a 225 which is the same.e weight as a 200 v6 but I would like to reinforce

Most manufactures have dropped the 200HP V6.......Both Suzuki & Yamaha have a inline 4 cylinder 200HP........and then the 225Hp is the smallest V6

Yea I've noticed that, I took the moisture meter and luckily nothing seems to have really penetrated the transom. I think this winter I'm going to grind out , and glass in and reinforce my transom before it gets to the point of a full transom replacement. Not going to replace the motor until necessary but I don't want to wait until than to do the work or let the issue worsen. Just have to wait for a week this winter where I can use the my shop and just hand the engine and do the reinforcement.

Back