Oil Consumption Yamaha 200HP HPDI

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gundog

Reaction score
Hello All,

I've been snooping around trying to determine what is the proper oil consumption for a 2003 Yamaha 200HP HPDI (2 stroke). Seems to me I use a lot (at ~$30 a gallon for yamalube). I'm guessing a gallon for every 50 of gas. Somewhere I was reading someone was using a gallon for every 25 gallons.

Checked the Yamaha web site but I didn't have much luck. Probably my search skills are not up to snuff.

I've been reading my engine should "sip" oil?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike W

Yamalube is just a waste of money IMO. Ive been getting pennzoil synthetic blend from sports authority for $13 a gallon and seems to run the same as yamalube. I believe any major brand w TW3 is sufficient for our 2-strokes or just as good.

Interesting. Someone told me to definately spend the money and use Yamalube.

Putting aside the type of oil for a minute. What is your oil consumption?

I'm running around 4500 to 4800 rpm. rartely hitting 5000.

salbrent":jgd6004n said:
looks like 50:1 ratio
I am not an expert but this does not appear high to me
That's 50 Gallons of gas (200 quarts), and 5 quarts of oil. 40:1.

salbrent":2fk552ph said:
right

The first posting stated "gallon (of oil) for every 50 of gas"

which 50 gas : 1 oil
Yeah, I was commenting on the post above yours. 50 gallons, 5 quarts.

So someone else is running ~40:1, so the OP's 50:1 doesn't seem excessive to me. Sorry about that.

Can't say much for consumption, but I take an empty 5 gal bucket that I hve cleaned out so it still has the lid on it, and take it to a Yamaha dealer to fill up with YamaLube. 5 gal in my bucket for $100. Lasts for a season. Seems OK to me

Latest posts

Back