Old Versus New--Your thought's???

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parker12

Reaction score
I am considering buying a used 1999 Pilothouse with 200 Yamaha on back-400hrs roughly! Needs some TLC (purchase price 30k) or should I just go new?????? I like the older pilothouse better since I have dogs and there is a solid wall in cabin!!!! Let me know if I'm crazy???

Very Sincerely,

Ron

Ron,

Not sure what size pilothouse you are looking at, but 30k could be a pretty good price when you see what new ones are going for. :shock:

I shudder to think what it would cost to replace my boat today, especially with all of my upgrades.

parker12":2xxgcjht said:
I have dogs and there is a solid wall in cabin!!!! Let me know if I'm crazy???

Dogs? On a Parker? Are you crazy? No Way!!

boatdog.jpg

Dogs are right at home on a Parker. They adapt to their surroundings and mimic all sorts of hip behavior.

boatdog1.jpg

Maybe it's because my dog is blonde, but he always thinks I have to come back up at exactly the same spot I entered the water and waits for me until I do!

boatdog2.jpg

New Parker,,,,,Old Parker, does it matter? They all eventually become ClassicParkers!

... you can't go wrong either way.

Welcome to ClassicParker Ron!

You and your dogs are both welcome here.

.....John

Why I am asking...I have one dealer who is saying that I shouldn't buy a 1999 Pilot 23 Footer because the hull has a liner and the boat is weighs a lot more than new Parker...therefore will burn more gas and I will not be happy with ride??

Any insight or truth to this would be appreacited??

For me ... it was simple ...

Circa 2002 NEW = $73K at boat show versus a USED '92 = $10K, but ... if you remember, all I bought from Harvard Univ was an empty shell - f'glass hull with windows intact. Pretty much everything else I added myself, at the tune of another $15K+, but looky how customized she is, link here.

I LOVE working on boats soooooooooooooo much ... I'd do it again :D ! And if I had to do it over again, I sure wish she was a deep-V.

We had been looking at boats for almost a year, when we happened to stumble on a Parker selling on eBay - we had never heard of one before. After some diligent research (including the tip from Ferrin @ Parker with this website address), we had made up our minds that no other boat would do.

Our budget dictated an older boat, and we wanted a second station for drifting the rigs on the Texas Gulf Coast. Other than that, a huge decision came with the lack of carpeting to clean :D . When we took along our furry monster - we would be cleaning more hair than fish. Ours is also an open back with the 3pc curtain and we LOVE it!

The technical concerns right now are to get her out of the hole quicker and we are working to resolve that. We have received some really insightfull information thanks to the people here and were told that the older boats (ours is '97 2320 - 200HP) had their gas tanks more aft, and that the newer are more forward.

We've taken her out in the local lake (which is now referred to as the "test pond".) And without any hesitation, we can say that this is the perfect boat.

We'll post some pics once we have her fully rigged out.

Attachments

• sirus.jpg
    sirus.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 977
I think we need a "cool dog" thread.
We have a couple of 'cool' candidates right here! :)

Back