??? on 08 Changes

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marek

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea if Parker is planning on a CC with a head in the console.

That stinks kinda need one for the wife and daughter. Any clue what the 2300 DV retails for??

Does anyone have a pic of the new aft seat option. It is like the one on the Grady from what I hear.

There have been photos of an optional fold-down aft seat posted here in the past.
Is that what you are looking for?

Cant get the 2320 out of my head. But I have a few questions, my main concern is the passenger rating being only 6 people, what is the weight rating with and without the motor? On any normal day its me the wife 3 sons and the daughter . Would like to also take another couple out every now and then. Not offshore but just running around.

The passenger rating for the 2320 changed for the 2007 year model. Same exact boat, however, the placard on the transom changed from 9 persons to 6.

Our fellow board member Wicho (aka William) says it is because the average weight of a person has been recalculated (we are heavier) and thus the 9 turns into a 6.

Maybe you could buy a 2006, or if 2007 or newer, then maybe you could talk Parker out of a sticker that says 9 persons.

Just a thought.

jim

The whole 'rating' game has been going on since the several water taxi pontoon boat disasters of a couple of years back.

The Coast Guard previously assigned a 'person limit' on vessels determined by the average weight of 'a person'... generally around 150 pounds each.

That figure has always been laughable, so the new capacity ratings are being refelected in new vessels to more closely match the chubbier folks who ride in these vessels.

Sad, but true...

certainly the 2320 is capable of more. The guys with the wakeboard boats run up and down the river with a boat load of people and filled ballast tanks. Does anyone that owns a 2320 care to have some in put ? I'm not looking to over load the boat , just would like to comply

Hi All.... Yes - changed when they adjusted the "average" to 185 from 142....
Good memory Jim!

William.

Coast Guard Raises Weight Standards for Boats

Policy Changes - State, National
The weight of the 47 passengers and the pilot ranged from 110 to 268 pounds. Prior to this event the U.S. Coast Guard's standard weight for calculating the number of people that a commercial vessel is permitted to carry was 140 pounds. The average weight of the people on the Ethan Allen tour boat was 177.5 pounds--37.5 pounds more than the weight used for calculating safety standards.

State - New York State raised the state weight requirement to 174 pounds, immediately after the Ethan Allen accident. This is the number that the NTSB had recommended in the past.

National - In April 2006, the Coast Guard asked owners of 7,000 commercial vessels nationwide to voluntarily use 185 pounds in calculating the number of passengers permitted. A spokeswoman for the Coast Guard, said the higher weight standard is still under review before it would be changed into a formal policy.

Back