Opening Day on Chesapeke ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild Rover

Reaction score
I saw quite a few Parker's out there in the mid-bay dodging the traffic :lol: Any of you out there ?

I was on the water by 6:15 and hoped to have at least an hour before the mayhem, but to no avail, the mayhem was already in full swing. Fished until 10:00 and managed to catch only 1 39 inch Stripa.

I couldn't see you from down here at the south end of the bay, but I concur it was a beautiful day on a beautiful, flat body of water. Grandson Wally led us to a bluefish hot-spot that provided a lot of entertainment. Great to see that first fish come over the gunwale on our first fishing trip in the new boat. We didn't get skunked!

Wally and his Dad are on a charter trip today with Craig Paige, one of the best, if not the best, professional guides in the area. Can't wait to hear the stories and pick up some tips. If you're ever in the area and want a guide, Craig takes you out in a 24 foot cat with 400 HP. When other captains pull in with excuses and disgruntled customers, Craig regularly comes home with coolers full and happy clients. This is not a commercial endorsement - I have just watched him pull in a couple of slips down from me for a few years and he consistently produces fish.

I started Saturday at the Calvert Cliffs Nuclear Power Plant (CCNPP) hot water outflow, aka, "Rips." Jigged up quite a few stripers in the low 20s, then went trolling. I haven't trolled in two years, so I was literally blowing the dust off the reels as I went. Put out 5 lines, three off the boat, and one each off planner boards about 40' to each side of the boat. Trolled from the mouth of the Pax across the channel to the ES, then back to the Gas Docks...without a knockdown. At 4:00 PM, we pulled in the broom sticks and went back to LTJing a the Rips and jigged up a few more stripers.

Sunday I was again at the Rips with my oldest son. We caught 4 in 90 minutes, with one in the slot (37.5"), and then had to depart to get him to a soccer game in Lexington Park.

All in all it was an OK opening day, but not a great one.

High point of the weekend was meeting another Parker owner (2120 I believe), and told him about ClassicParker. Got a b-mail from him on TidalFish, so I believe he has shown up her.

Dave

My son and I left Sandy Point and trolled near Bloody Point all day and until dark. In 11 hrs we got on fish 33 inches and one knock down. Went again late Sunday p.m. without anything to show for it.

Back