Opti winterizing help

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sow&Pigs

Reaction score
As one of the few guys on the site with an engine other than a Yammie, I was wondering if anyone out there could tell me how best to winterize my 2001 225 Optimax -- trying to save a little $, but really don't want to screw it up..

It's a little more involved than winterizing the Johnson 28 on my skiff, so any advice would be greatly appreciated :D

It is a simple procedure. First, drain the VST Tank on the engine. It is the fuel reservoir that has the filter on it. There is a drain screw for that purpose. It might take a good 5-10 minutes to drain the entire thing.

Second, tilt the engine up, remove the cowlings (lower) and remove the spark plugs and squirt 1 ounce of Opti Oil in each cylinder and turn the flywheel by hand to distribute the oil. Replace the plugs and you are done.

READ THIS CAREFULLY: DO NOT USE FOGGING OIL OF ANY KIND AS THIS WILL HARM THE INJECTORS ON THIS ENGINE. IT IS NOT A REGULAR 2 STROKE.

Hope this helps.

Back