outrigger bases in new parker t-tops

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCparker

Reaction score
Greetings all
The new parker center consoles have pretty beefy plates welded in under the canvas, on each side of the helm. They look to me like they are designed for outriggers.

Do you all think that those plates would be strong enough for a bolt thru outrigger, or do you really think the end of the mount needs to be welded into the main leg of the t-top?

I am looking at using carbon fiber poles, but am wondering if you all think that plate is enough support.
Thanks

Only way to know for sure would be to call the factory and ask if that was the intent of the plates when the tops were fabricated.
They designed them, so they would know for sure.

252-728-5621

The plate is 25 inches long by 5 inches wide and is 3/8 thich. It appears to be solid. It is welded to the t-top frame, but it is only welded at the two ends that are 5 inches wide.

there is no hole drilled, so I would either need to drill a 2 1/2 hole and 4 bolt holes. Or I was thinking about the Rupp riggers that sit on top and do not stick down - they are called Rupp radials. Then I would only need to drill 4 bolt holes.

The boat is a 2011 center console 2801. I just bought it. I would like to install the riggers, but am a little low on funds right now. Just trying to figure out if people really think they will support riggers, or if the bottom of the rigger mount needs to be welded in for extra support

Bolted through is sufficient. You do not want to weld the bases to the plate. OR mounts do break from time to time. TACO recommends min of 3/8" 5" wide for their 370's and they are beefy.

So one installer seems very concerned that the torque of the riggers will snap off those plates that were welded in by parker, and that my whole t top will shake alot if I dont weld in a supplemental tupe from the base of the rigger handle into a tower leg. I'm waiting to hear back from a call and email I have into Parker. But in the meantime, I would love to hear from anyone who has mounted outriggers on their center console, and how they are holding up.
thanks

The "TopGun's are bolted in all the time.......BUT! it is known before hand that riggers will be added. I'm just use to "My" guys. :) They build with the idea that someone may want to add them. :) [My way of thinking]

Not budget minded and let's just get by.

In case anyone is following this, I wanted to update everyone. I spoke with Eric at parker engineering who said it would definitely be fine to just mount the riggers to those plates - thats what they are there for. Drill the hole thru em, drill the 4 bolt holes, and attach.

He was very helpful and great to speak with. That why this is my 3rd parker!!!

If you go forward with this project post some pics. I am also looking to add outriggers and the factory stated the same to me that the plates are OK for mounting the bases on.

I will be putting new canvas on my top tomorrow and Saturday along with new antennas and a set of Taco 370 outriggers. Do you want some pics or details? I have a Gore top on 23DVCC.

YEAH WINDKNOTNC - Pics would be great.

I think I have decided on the Rupp Radial top mounts (only need to drill 4 pilot holes, no big hole).

I think I am gonna get 20' bly carbon fiber outriggers. (He is a custom guy here in NJ that makes sweet CF outriggers at a great price)

Back